Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

identify this spider?

• 10-11-2015 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Dmighty

Found ths spider on my balcony today it was quite big but I have seen one similar before briefly before it ran up a wall that was huge.

anyway at first I thought it was a false widow as there are a few around here sometimes in my home, but they are usually brown with a kinda white/cream detailing on their back.

This one was black with no detail on its back and resembled a black widow.

any idea what spider it was?

Comments

• I reckon its a cupboard spider, relation of the false widow.. they can get quite dark in colour so that might be whats hiding the markings, shouldn't be any more than a cm though if so

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Dmighty

Definitely looks like a cupboard spider, however it was bigger than a cm, it was one of the biggest I've seen, bigger than other false widows for sure

Advertisement