Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toll tag

Options
  • 10-11-2015 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭

Hi folks.

I recently got a toll tag for the campervan. I know normally you put it behind the rear view mirror but as the camper has an overhanging roof I am not sure if that is the place to put it.

Anyone else have a tag and a camper with the double bed over the cab and where did you put it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Its read by an antenna so just make sure its not shielded by metal or too close to metal ours is just thrown on the dash and reads fine if you're worried about the overcab stuck it bottom left wehre the tax/insurance discs might be.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭JonMac

Got the overhead cab. Tag is behind the rear view mirror. No problem.
    Sorry! Bottom of windshield.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Wx

JonMac wrote: »
    Got the overhead cab. Tag is behind the rear view mirror. No problem.

I'm assuming you are talking about using the tag on the M50!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,193 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Have the Tolltag down low, just above where the wipers park.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Bottom middle of the windscreen, vertical rather than horizontal.

Our eflow one came with instructions (which you could probably get from their website) - its the same position as for a panel van.

We haven't had any issue with it being read at any of the tolls we've been through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 eFlow_YouFirst

For Campervan it needs to be at the bottom of the windscreen and not behind the rearview mirror.

You can find a Tag installation guide on eFlow.ie, click 'Help & Guidance' along the top and then click 'Downloads', the guide to installing an eFlow tag is called 'eFlow Tag Installation and Athermic Guide'.

Happy Touring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

Thanks folks for all the advice.

I went with it down low on centre of windscreen and successfully navigated the Drogheda M1 toll during the week.

Advertisement