Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodcarving Axe

Options
  • 10-11-2015 1:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭

Does anybody know of any place in Dublin that sells quality wood carving axes? I am hoping to pick up something like the Gransfors Swedish Carving Axe.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,818 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

give goughs on little mary street a shout, they may have them or know who does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I tried Goughs yesterday but they didn't have Gransfors, wetterlings or any other Swedish brand in stock. They did have a very very nice Condor Scout Axe, weighing at about 1Lb I thought it was a bit light. The shape of the blade is also not exactly what I was looking for. I am hoping to get something with a blade that is more curved. It's really for spoon & bowl carving.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Jon O,neill on adverts .ie

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭imakebiodiesel

Thanks for the mention, but Im afraid I cant help. Adverts dont permit ads for axes or knives so I dont stock them. I would recommend Dictum.com, they have a great catalog of really good tools incl Gransfors Bruks and Wetterling. They are German so their prices are in euros which avoids getting hit for exchange rates.
    Ive used a lot of axes and adzes over the years are Gransfors are simply the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Double Barrel

Not in Ireland but I have being pleased with the allaround service this provider.
    Try https://www.classichandtools.com

They carry: http://www.pfeiltools.com/en/home.html

DB

• Advertisement
Advertisement