Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kurt Vile Vicar Street November 15 2015

Options
  • 09-11-2015 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Kurt Vile and the violators have released one of 2015'sbest albums with Believe I'm going down. Really looking forward to seeing them in Vicar Street on Sunday November 15. Tickets are €25 plus booking fee

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Graceless

Really looking forward to this gig too, can't stop listening to the new album!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Hopefully it won't be full of hipster assholes talking and taking pictures like the crowd at Fr. John Misty recently - that put me right off the venue - even the female hipsters had beards that night :eek:

Who was there last night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Graceless wrote: »
    Who was there last night?

Me! Loved it. He was great as always.

symbolic wrote: »
    Me! Loved it. He was great as always.

It was my second time seeing him, great gig!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭FledNanders

Anyone else find the minute long fiddling/tuning/strumming between songs pretty annoying after a while?

Apart from that enjoyed the gig, particularly the louder guitar songs.

Oh and also apart from the group of 10 or so pillheads wrecking everyone's heads up the front right

Anyone else find the minute long fiddling/tuning/strumming between songs pretty annoying after a while?

Apart from that enjoyed the gig, particularly the louder guitar songs.

Oh and also apart from the group of 10 or so pillheads wrecking everyone's heads up the front right

I think that's kind of part of his appeal. He's not some super slick performer, he's just an average (albeit very talented) guy! The way he asked "any requests?" really endeared me to him.

There was one or two pillheads near us, thankfully they managed to not be too annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

I thought it was a very average show. Started well and had some good moments, but overall not great

I thought it was a very average show. Started well and had some good moments, but overall not great

Anything in particular let it down, as in average compared to his previous shows?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

symbolic wrote: »
    Anything in particular let it down, as in average compared to his previous shows?
    It just wasnt very good I thought. My first time seeing him, but the lads with me had seen him twice before and agreed it was lacklustre overall.

• Advertisement

It just wasnt very good I thought. My first time seeing him, but the lads with me had seen him twice before and agreed it was lacklustre overall.

Different strokes I spose :)

Advertisement