Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterproof MP3

Options
  • 09-11-2015 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

Evening all, the last time this was asked was 2013 so there might be a few new products on the market now...

I'm looking at this Sony one or am I better off spending the bit more and getting the Swimp3? Has anyone any experience of the Sony?

TIA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭siobhan08

I just brought this one
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00GYIC8AW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

I've only used it once and found it it be great. Whenever I used to go swimming I would get bored after 20 mins. Using once of these really extended my swim time. really good investment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

I've been looking into this one..

http://www.audioflood.com

the sony one seems to have bad reviews on sound and ear plugs falling out..

Diver the same..

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Seanie_H

Seanieke wrote: »
    Evening all, the last time this was asked was 2013 so there might be a few new products on the market now...

I'm looking at this Sony one or am I better off spending the bit more and getting the Swimp3? Has anyone any experience of the Sony?

TIA

I have one. It's pretty good and I'd recommend it but caveat that by saying - the buttons are small and clicky. Because of this it's not that easy to operate in the water so have everything set up as you want it before you get to the pool. Volumes is key and so's your playlist. Once you have the right volume, leave it be and don't load on any brutal songs because again, the buttons are a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭biomed32

TIA

I had this one and found it to be a disaster. It was great when it worked but had a tendency to work/not work in one ear before giving up the ghost completely.

Im looking at other ones and the Speedo aqua beat looks promising

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Seanieke

biomed32 wrote: »
    I had this one and found it to be a disaster. It was great when it worked but had a tendency to work/not work in one ear before giving up the ghost completely.

Im looking at other ones and the Speedo aqua beat looks promising

I'd be interested to know how ya get on with the Aqua as I'm doing 70 to 80 lengths at a time and there's only so much singing in your head you can do!

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭biomed32

I'd be interested to know how ya get on with the Aqua as I'm doing 70 to 80 lengths at a time and there's only so much singing in your head you can do!

Indeed I do 5km-10km at a time, need a watch to keep track of that now!

i got the waterfi at xmas, the iPod waterproof player..

it works really well, but i haven't got it to fit my ears just right yet.

All well and good on land, but to try change buds to figure what fits best in the water on the side of the pool is a nightmare.

Slippy hands galore!!

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

i am looking for a new swimming music player. i currently have the speedo one and i just can't get it to stay in my ears at all- maybe its new earphones i need

i swim between 1.5-2 miles so need a good one

• Registered Users Posts: 17 slowswimmer

ene wrote: »
    i am looking for a new swimming music player. i currently have the speedo one and i just can't get it to stay in my ears at all- maybe its new earphones i need

i swim between 1.5-2 miles so need a good one

Check out the Finis models, don't need to keep earbuds stuck in your ear, the work by bone conduction in small speakers by your ear. Have had one for a few years now and it works great

• Advertisement
Advertisement