Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a night time/part time photography course

Options
  • 09-11-2015 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi guys, I am on the search for a good photography course/group. I am someone who has a good understanding of photography through my own personal work and my actual job as an art director. I am looking for a more advanced course to up my skills and get me snapping again. I own my own 5D and want to learn how to use it in any situation and just become a better photographer. Any ideas? I know NCAD do something and the Dublin Camera Club I've heard good things about. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Generally the best thing is to join a camera club. You can go along to a meeting or two as a visitor to see if it suits you. Different clubs suit different people. If you like it then join.

If it's Dublin Camera Club you can get the Beginners Course and Membership as a package.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭elwood76

Thanks Cabansail. I'm looking for something a little more advanced than a beginners course. Have a done a few of them in the past and didn't get a huge amount out of them. Looking for something more advanced and long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

elwood76 wrote: »
    Thanks Cabansail. I'm looking for something a little more advanced than a beginners course. Have a done a few of them in the past and didn't get a huge amount out of them. Looking for something more advanced and long term.

To be honest that's where the club comes in - you never stop learning if you want to learn. Everyone is different and seeing what other people are doing can be a huge motivator in trying to learn a new technique. Also, there are challenges and various workshops run regularly so that if you want to expand your skills into another area you can.

The beginner's course covers everything, so some nights may be of more interest than others (fair enough) but there is still a lot of really interesting stuff covered including darkroom, etc that is usually not covered in other courses (ones I did anyway). In terms of value for money it's pretty hard to beat.

I haven't done the course in DCC, but am a member. It's definitely worth coming along some Tuesday evening and checking it out.

Advertisement