Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shades of Blue NBC-US pace (**Spoilers**)

Options
  • 09-11-2015 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,317 ✭✭✭✭

Starts January 7 on NBC.

Staring Jennifer Lopez & Ray Liotta
    In a steamy new drama, the iconic Jennifer Lopez stars as sexy New York detective and single mother Harlee Santos, who fell in with a tight-knit group of dirty cops, taking bribes and protection money that she uses to provide the best life for her honest, talented daughter. But when she's trapped by the FBI and forced to inform on her own brothers, she'll have to walk the fine line between love, loyalty, honor and betrayal, and try to keep it together for her daughter's future.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,317 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Starts on Thursday night and getting very strong reviews.

Barry Levinson directing the first two episodes I wonder will it have Homicide: Life on the Street feel to it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

New police dramas starring Jennifer Lopez and Ray Liota. The executive producer on it is Ryan Seacrest!!

Caught the first episode. It is trying sooooo hard to be something it isn't. I think it is a poor cast of Lopez but gave it a go. If there is nothing else on I will watch but wouldnt be a firm favourite.

I felt it was trying to be a cable show on Network tv but the cast is strong so I will stick with it for a while to see if it picks up.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,144 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Liotta is very good in his role as expected, scary and intense

He was great in that last scene in the garage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,690 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

He was great in that last scene in the garage.

+1 .. love Ray Liotta ever since Goodfellas and Unlawful Entry - not to mention GTA: VC of course :)

I thought this was pretty good as an opener myself... will keep watching anyway.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Yeah def willing to give this more time. Usually shows take a few episodes to really find there feet but with such a big cast youd think the show will have some support / longevity and I'm a big fan of Liotta and he was very good in this episode so let's see where this goes.

Renewed for a second season.

Anna Gunn is joining as a dirty cop turned politician - Source TV Line

Thought this was actually pretty good and Lopez was decent in it. Will be watching when it returns

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Didn't know about this before, but it's popped up on my TV Guide as a new show. Pilot on Sky Living, 13 July 9PM.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

After the first two episodes, I'm going to keep watching. I like the way Jen's character is not an innocent, blameless victim. She's quite happy to take the kickbacks before she gets busted, then we learn some of her backstory, with the abusive boyfriend / baby daddy. The way I understood it, the way she handled that situation was driven by more than the pure need to get away: there' was some revenge in there too. However, I was annoyed at the way the director felt the need to bludgeon the viewer, over and over again, with her "tell". Yes, we saw it the first time, and the second, third, fourth ... :rolleyes:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

3 episodes in and I'm warming to it.
    Quite a surprise in the third episode with Liotta's character snogging his FBI mole

I do think the 2 FBI guys look very similar, was confused at first.

It's a nice fresh take that no one is a totally straight cop.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 14,031 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Lopez is still putting me off watching this while Liotta is still begging me to give this a go!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Liotta is still playing the Goodfellas character. Don't think he's great at all.

Lopez is still putting me off watching this while Liotta is still begging me to give this a go!

She's actually very good in this I thought. Was kinda surprised myself.
    Liotta is still playing the Goodfellas character. Don't think he's great at all.

Nah, more the character he played in Unlawful Entry. The role in Goodfellas was more understated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    She's actually very good in this I thought. Was kinda surprised myself.

Nah, more the character he played in Unlawful Entry. The role in Goodfellas was more understated.

SAme here, i only kept up with it, just for Ray Liotta, as he always plays a mean SOB & JLO was good herself, is this the 1st TV Gig for both?

Season 2 is two episodes in and they are really strong.

Renewed for a 3rd season.

Renewed for a 3rd season.

Great news. It's turned into a great show and the second season has started very well.

• Advertisement

What a great second season and a fantastic cliffhanger to end it on looking forward to season 3 now.

What a great second season and a fantastic cliffhanger to end it on looking forward to season 3 now.

Haven't watched this week's yet but completely agree.. it's been a great season and definitely worth a third.

Good opening episode to the final season and great ending to the episode.

Yep, just caught up now. Great to have this back. Final season looks to be off to a great start.

Did 2 of the crew get demoted last season? Can't remember...

Really enjoying it, alongside Shooter it's perfect summer fare, easy to watch but far more layered and thrilling than the set up implies. Liotta is great, his evil shifty eyes and that laugh give him a maniacal quality that's quite believable.

Watched this week's last night and it's kept up the quality and pace nicely.

I'm going to miss it when it's over though.

A great ending to this week's episode.

Looking forward to the last few episodes and how they tie up all they storylines knowing the show was ending it shouldn't leave any cliffhangers

• Advertisement

I was expecting that FBI mini twist but good to see it with a few episodes to go and not thrown into the final episode.

Advertisement