Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing baby formula?

Options
  • 09-11-2015 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Has anyone changed from SMA to Aptamil?

Baby is 1 month old and drinks quite quick (She's on the slowest teats on Advent bottles) but struggles to get wind up.

Some people have mentioned changing bottles to Dr brown bottles, others have mentioned Aptamil is better for babies tummies so wondering if anyone has any experience of switching.

Have mentioned the above to the health nurse but she's pretty blase about it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Mod Note:
    Hi OP, I've moved your thread to a thread on its own as the thread you posted in was 6 years old. I've also moved it to the appropriate forum, you will get better advice on this issue here.

I'd switch bottles quicker than I'd switch formula, the wind issue isn't to do with the formula it's to do with how quick the formula is ingested and air getting into the stomach while drinking it.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

We have been giving aptimal here since the start and we used to use the avent bottles for about 2 weeks then moved to dr brownes as we had them ready for when she got a bit bigger (my baby was tiny and the dr Browns were nearly as long as her so I was holding off because of that) and we haven't looked back. She's 24 weeks now and we've never really had an issue with her wind, thankfully. I'd also suggest a bottle change before a formula change. If she's otherwise happy and feeling full and gaining weight then I wouldn't see a need to change now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Highly recommend Nuk bottles for wind. Also would avoid moving formula, my GP and PHN both said you shouldn't change formula for at least 6 weeks

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I used Tommee Tippee Anti Colic + and they are excellent. I used aptamil too.

Advertisement