Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What headset should I buy for PS4?

Options
  • 08-11-2015 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Had the turtle beach ear force stealth 400 but they snapped along the headband. I want a pair with better build and sound quality, any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Dean93 wrote: »
    Had the turtle beach ear force stealth 400 but they snapped along the headband. I want a pair with better build and sound quality, any recommendations?

I have the stealth 500p. Got them replaced in April as the band snapped and have just sent the replacement off to get replaced as i broke in the same place. I'd also be interested if anyone has any other suggestions for similiar but better built headsets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Astros, a40 if you don't mind wired a50 for wireless, have a50 for over 2 years and still like new! Comfortable and well built with great sound, pricey though!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Dean93 wrote: »

You'd be silly not to look at the Official 2.0 PS4 Headset, just be careful of the hinges when putting it on and taking it off.

It's €70 and works as well as a €200 headset

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Cormac... wrote: »
    You'd be silly not to look at the Official 2.0 PS4 Headset, just be careful of the hinges when putting it on and taking it off.

It's currently in Smyths for €64.99. Worth it? I see the wired version on Argos for €19.99, anyone try that one? Does that just plug into the controller?

I got the €20 wired ones to keep me going until I get the TB 500p back and they are not great if you wear them more than an hour. Feel like your ears are sticking to your head.

Heard good things about the wireless ones though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tobothehobo

This is what I use and I love them.
    They are comfortable have (as far as I'm concerned) great sound quality and I have them a year and they are as good as the day I bought them.
    But this is just personal experience.I've never had a high end set so can't compare them to those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Ive been thinking of getting some bluetooth headphones for phone and tablet use. Is there a pair of headphones with Bluetooth and also with the ability to connect to the ps4. Don't wanna buy two sets. Or maybe I'm missing an easier alternative. Thanks.

I have the Turtle Beach Earforce P12 and they are pretty good so far. Quite comfortable.

symbolic wrote: »
    Ive been thinking of getting some bluetooth headphones for phone and tablet use. Is there a pair of headphones with Bluetooth and also with the ability to connect to the ps4. Don't wanna buy two sets. Or maybe I'm missing an easier alternative. Thanks.

astro a30 i think are bt

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Caoimhin

I've had astro A40s for a while now and they are probably the best ive used in terms of durability, sound quality and comfor

• Advertisement

I've had astro A40s for a while now and they are probably the best ive used in terms of durability, sound quality and comfort

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Smyths doing the Sony Wireless 2.0 now for €64.99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I mentioned that a few days ago. ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I mentioned that a few days ago. ;)

I knew I saw it somewhere, just passing it on as I picked up a set for my young lad today.

there is cheap turtle beach headphone on Amazon at the moment if you are on a budget : http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KSVXSZU?ref_=gbps_tit_m-3_3827_34e1f564&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

What's this like on PC? It's a USB headset when wired, right? Does it do noise cancellation or any other post-processing internally or does it rely on communication with a PS4 or certain drivers? I plan to use it on Windows 7 and Arch Linux although I have a DS4... does it connect with that in some way?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

I was thinking of picking this headset up - Anyone have one or thoughts?

I'm happy with the price for a very good set of phones for gaming...

http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/turtle-beach-elite-800-ps3-and-ps4-wireless-stereo-gaming-headset/1445241574.prd

dont buy them from there anyway!
    €70 cheaper on both amazon sites below, may need parcel motel for delivery but will still save you a packet!
    http://www.amazon.de/dp/B00MNPDMEQ?&snoop-from=1&snoop-from-asin=B00MNPDMEQ
    http://www.amazon.it/dp/B00MNPDMEQ?&snoop-from=1&snoop-from-asin=B00MNPDMEQ
    never used that set but can say the astro a50 are fantastic im sure these would be similar

• Advertisement

cadete wrote: »
    dont buy them from there anyway!
    €70 cheaper on both amazon sites below, may need parcel motel for delivery but will still save you a packet!
    http://www.amazon.de/dp/B00MNPDMEQ?&snoop-from=1&snoop-from-asin=B00MNPDMEQ
    http://www.amazon.it/dp/B00MNPDMEQ?&snoop-from=1&snoop-from-asin=B00MNPDMEQ
    never used that set but can say the astro a50 are fantastic im sure these would be similar

Thanks for links - The online reviews are very positive and a few head to heads it came out better than the Astro.

Just wondering if anyone here had one...

sticker wrote: »
    I was thinking of picking this headset up - Anyone have one or thoughts?

I'm happy with the price for a very good set of phones for gaming...

http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/turtle-beach-elite-800-ps3-and-ps4-wireless-stereo-gaming-headset/1445241574.prd

I have not had much good experience with turtle beaches, especially wireless ones, in the past. For less money you could get a good set of astros, which are better in my opinion

my original and replacement sets of TB stealth 500p cracked where the headband extends after 6 months. They never go further than my console table or my head.

It's enough that I will not go with them again. if they break I will prob get the Astros instead. Pity cause I like them other than that. Very comfortable and sound is great

I don't mind paying a premium price for the tb800. Most reviews very positive. Beats the same level astro on many head to heads.

I'm just wondering if I'm wasting 300 on a dedicated ps4 headset only.

Anyone know if this will work with a TV?

I don't mind paying a premium price for the tb800. Most reviews very positive. Beats the same level astro on many head to heads.

I'm just wondering if I'm wasting 300 on a dedicated ps4 headset only.

Anyone know if this will work with a TV?

But the turtle beach 800 have bluetooth, so can pair to mobile devices and pcs. How are you connecting to your TV now?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Caoimhin wrote: »
    Is there a mic on those ?

Yeah there is, its a full proper set of turtle beach :D

symbolic wrote: »
    But the turtle beach 800 have bluetooth, so can pair to mobile devices and pcs. How are you connecting to your TV now?

It is a present so I have not opened it yet. My TV is an older Samsung LED. Is there a way to connect via bluetooth to smart TVs?

It is a present so I have not opened it yet. My TV is an older Samsung LED. Is there a way to connect via bluetooth to smart TVs?

Well what I mean is its not just a dedicated ps4 headset. Has bluetooth and can be wired also. From what I'm reading

• Registered Users Posts: 12,404 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Astro A40s for €132 or Ps4 official wireless (white) for €60?

• Advertisement
Advertisement