Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letv Le One Pro

Options
  • 08-11-2015 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭

I don't think there's a thread for Letv yet.

Do many people have this phone? I did see it mentioned in the Zuk Z1 thread...What's the general consensus? And where's the best/cheapest place to buy it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Have a look at the Le 1s too, might suit better.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Chad_Fantastics

Very seriously considered one of these. Build and spec are top notch flagship levels for the money (300 with current discounts) but the reported issues with spam/malware preinstalled from the resellers put me off as it's difficult to navigate and find offical roms etc. LeTv haven't really paid much attention to the international markets and most official info and sites are in Chinese.

LeTv 1S is looking to be a lovely thing for the price, mid level (but v good) chipset and it's likely to be popular enough to have strong rom support on XDA etc. Rumor has it that they are about to do a Xiaomi and sell international in a grey manner while expanding officially into certain markets. That would mean international roms and forums etc but will the pro be included in that when it'll be the next gen they'll be pushing?

<shrugs>

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭fozz

Hey all.
    I was one of the posters regarding this phone on the ZUK post until I was told to fling off and discuss the LetV elsewhere :)

Anyway, I have this phone and can answer questions on it.
    I bought on Oppomart. Was listed then at $319 but is now $329. This is the 32Gb version.
    Took 2 weeks to arrive. Paid zero customs etc...all good.

It was loaded with what I discovered was an altered ROM to give it the Google Play store. This ROM was poor....lotsa heat buildup and v poor battery. Else-wise the phone was awesome.

So I installed TWRP and put a Custom ROM (RuschRom) on it. Rusch basically takes the original Chinese ROM and strips out all the Chinese and bloat to leave an excellent slim English ROM. WAAAY better. Battery is now stellar...no heat buildup and no bloatware or any of that crap.
    More info here:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/letv-x800-ruschrom-1-0-25e-t3224702

I still have an issue in that my GPS is poor but this is known and will be fixed soon (I could fix now by reverting to the 6S ROM but I will stick with the 7S and wait for 8S to resolve me issue). Just to explain, LeTV seem to use the number for the version and letter for the type . So 7S is the 7th Stable ROM released. They have a bunch of Experimental (E) ROMs out - 31E being the latest.
    In my case I am on the 7S so the latest Stable release and it seems they have been releasing updates monthly more or less since the phone came out. 7S is from October 27.

Apart from GPS, I have no issues. Phone is stellar.

So please let me know if you have any questions or queries and I'll give out whatever info I can.

Thanks Fozz,

Very useful info on the Rom workaround, I still fancy this thing but bloatware was putting me right off. The way their lemall sites are popping up WW there should be better english sites to work off soon but this is plan A for the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭delph09

The design of Letv phone is pretty good, but don't know how its own UI works.

• Advertisement

@Chad, Yeah, the bloat on my original Oppomart ROM, while not being too bad, was annoying. None on this RuschRom so all good there.
    Rusch is also working on porting the Nexus Lolipop ROM to this device so that would give us a vanilla Android experience.

@Delph, the UI is very nice indeed. The default launcher is the Google Now one and works as you would expect. Under that the UI is very clean and responsive and just useful. Easy to kill apps and switch between apps etc. Check out online reviews for what it looks like. You can ignore their homepages as you can set that up however you see fit with icons and widgets wherever you like of course.

Other comments..the camera works well..have taken good shots with it. Bluetooth to several car stereos has been perfect. Headphone audio is great due to the dedicated hi-fi chip setup. Battery life is v good - easily get a whole day with 3 hours screen-time.
    And the handset overall is just a stylish piece of kit and you won't see many of em around if that's yer thing!

I'll keep posting here as new stuff comes up like any new s/w releases or ROM versions etc.

There's now a shootout on gizmochina of the One Plus 2, LeTV 1 Pro, ZTE Axon and Meizu MX5

http://www.gizmochina.com/2015/11/22/best-chinese-smartphones-2015-comparison-oneplus-2-vs-letv-le-1-pro-vs-zte-axon-vs-meizu-mx5/

It's the One Plus 2 for the win (Camera seemed best all round performer), then the LeTV and I'd say if it had better international ROM support (the one shipped from resellers got slated!) it might have shaded it. There is a how to video linked on how to update it to the stock china rom.

Discounts now abound for the 64Gb version of the LeTV 1 Pro, about 370-380 delivered including taxes from gizchina and oppomart.

As expected the latest update is out - version 8S (S for stable). SO seems LeTV are on monthly roll-outs of updates which is encouraging.
    I am downloading now and will 'dirty flash' (just wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache and format System) and put it on and see how I go..will report back in...

OK, put 8S on...seems grand...nothing relevantly different that I can see.
    Note that I had to (in TWRP) run the SuperSU again to get that back..no big deal but just something to note.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Great stuff on the updates thanks fozz

FYI folks...this guy on the following thread is developing the Nexus 5 (Android 5) ROM for the X800:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/letv-x800-ruschrom-nexus-port-t3260370

Still in beta so not for daily use as yet but he seems to be making good progress and the plan is he gets it fit for daily use before working on the V6 of Android.
    With this phone still not officially released for markets outside China then this is indeed promising and hopefully if we fast-forward a few months we will have the LeTV ROM with their EUI and also a stable Stock ROM to chose between.

Right now I am on the latest de-bloated LeTV ROM and I only have one issue that quite a few people seem to have - the GPS won't get a satellite lock. I am awaiting a solution to this and would be hopeful it is resolved soon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement