Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Battery Detected

Options
  • 08-11-2015 1:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭

Hello, The other day I bought a laptop(Lenovo yoga 500).When I got it home I noticed that the battery icon had an x on it and said 'no battery detected' on it.

I went back the store today but they said I have to "book it in" because some people aren't working today.

Can anybody help me out here ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Hello, The other day I bought a laptop(Lenovo yoga 500).When I got it home I noticed that the battery icon had an x on it and said 'no battery detected' on it.

I went back the store today but they said I have to "book it in" because some people aren't working today.

Can anybody help me out here ?

Did you buy new? If so you should have got a replacement/refund today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

mordeith wrote: »

It was bought new, Last Thursday. Do you think I'm still entitled to a refund/replacement ?

It was bought new, Last Thursday. Do you think I'm still entitled to a refund/replacement ?

Definitely. The device isn't working. A friend of mine bought a laptop in Harvey Norman. Brought it home, screen not working. Went back the next day and got a replacement no bother. O had a monitor that stopped working after a month. Again I got a replacement. This was a small independent shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Definitely. The device isn't working. A friend of mine bought a laptop in Harvey Norman. Brought it home, screen not working. Went back the next day and got a replacement no bother. O had a monitor that stopped working after a month. Again I got a replacement. This was a small independent shop.

Thanks again. Hopefully things will go accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,071 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Not quite. Any retailer can choose to:

1. replace
    2. refund
    3. repair

Their choice...

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    Not quite. Any retailer can choose to:

1. replace
    2. refund
    3. repair

Their choice...

I don't think so. If the fault happened after some usage then maybe, but since it didn't work out of the box then it should be replaced or refunded

"Reject item - Full refund If you agreed to buy something and it simply does not work from the outset, then you are entitled to reject the goods and get a refund from the seller. Examples include a new washing machine which fills with water but does not spin or drain, or a new TV set which the audio doesn’t work on. In both of these examples, the consumer has discovered a major problem/fault with the item as soon as they go to use it for the first time. In the shop they agreed to buy it, but clearly there is something wrong with the one they were given. The consumer has not “accepted” the item – they brought the item home but it does not do what it said it would and the consumer had the right to reject it. They can return it to the shop and demand a full refund. This will terminate the contract they had for the item with the seller. - See more at: http://www.consumerhelp.ie/faulty-goods#"

• Registered Users Posts: 65,071 ✭✭✭✭unkel

That seems to be an interpretation of that particular website. I can assure you there is nothing in the sale of goods act (or the EU directive) about that!

Advertisement