Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch for Wife

Options
  • 08-11-2015 1:21pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Mrs. Clareman has announced that she would like a new watch for that event in December (too early to name it), I like my watches and plan on getting a high end watch at some stage so I reckon it would be a good idea to get her a good watch now so she'll understand when I spend a fortune on myself.

She's not into watches, but knows the main "brands", I got her an Armani watch about 10 years ago and she has worn it every day since, so the new watch will be worn every day. I guess my budget is ~€1,000/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

How about a Tag Heuer? Been looking on that site a bit lately and that caught my eye for a future gift for my wife

http://www.swisswatchesdirect.co.uk/watch/way1311.ba0915_tag_heuer_womens_watches_aquaracer_(32mm)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

That's not bad actually, the exchange rate isn't great at the moment though, what are the chances of that watch being caught by customs??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Thats A uk site so no issue there. Even with the bad exchange rate there seems to be a decent saving compared to fields, i was in there the other day trying on a few different model tag watches and they will give 10% off their advertised price if that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Laco have some nice watches for women for well within budget

as a daily wearer, would suggest a sapphire crystal

https://shop.laco.de/en/Navy-Watches/MAILAND.html

https://shop.laco.de/en/Pilot-Watches-A/Salzburg.html

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Laco have some nice watches for women for well within budget

I don't think Laco is name brand enough unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭Homer

Slightly OT but fields have a loyalty card type scheme that's free to sign up to and you are then automatically entitled to 10% of watches and more off jewellery. They are TAG and Longines dealers so guaranteed 10% off rrp on those brands if anybody is ever looking for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Longines have nice ladies watches. Can you give some idea as to what style she might like?

Here current watch is something like this 9ddab32e4690791668875d4897184aa2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Mredsnapper

If you dont mind buying second hand then you might just be able to stretch to a vintage Carter for that price. Try powerscourt if in Dublin for a idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Mredsnapper

If you dont mind buying second hand then you might just be able to stretch to a vintage Cartier for that price. Try powerscourt if in Dublin for a idea.

Reason I mentioned it is because the square cartier tank watches look similar to your wife's in shape. My wife picked up a nice 70's one in Paris a couple of years ago for around €500.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that, a nice vintage watch could go down a treat, now just to get to Powerscourt....

Advertisement