Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone growing a mo?

Options
  • 08-11-2015 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭

The beard seems to be all the rage this year. Feels a bit like movember isn't as popular, haven't seen any tashs on the go so far. Just wondering is anyone growing a mo?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

EmptyTree wrote: »
    The beard seems to be all the rage this year. Feels a bit like movember isn't as popular, haven't seen any tashs on the go so far. Just wondering is anyone growing a mo?

I don't think it's as popular as it used to be. I know for a fact that the guys I work with (and I'd be the same although I can't do it this year for personal reasons) aren't doing it because everyone has dried their contacts up for donations two years ago.

We made a huge push in work and as far as I know everyone tried all their friends, family and work contacts and got a fairly decent wedge for charity but wouldn't/couldn't go back again as it's been 'done', both donation wise and activity wise.

Seeing a lot less around on the streets as well though!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭aidanathome

I stopped collecting donations for the same reason a few years ago - I can't harass my friends for this stuff every year.

I'm still growing a mo anyway, even if it is just for awareness rather than donations.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭gucci

Ditto here, I milked that cow for all it was worth last year. (Which was as awlays, not that difficult once you explain what you are raising it for) So I wouldn't feel right nailing the same people again this year.

Still am in full support (promoting it however I can to people in real life and on social media) have supported my friend who is doing it and will hopefully take part in one of the running events in late November.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 159 ✭✭Andrew Laeddis

I've jet black Al Pacino in The Godfather hair but for some reason I grow ginger facial hair

Its very upsetting

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I did it a few years ago and raised a nice bit of money. This year, even with the promise that every donation will be doubled by my workplace, things have been slow. I don't badger on about it to people but if someone slags me, I tell them to sponsor me or shut up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement