Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help unknown number plate!!!

Options
  • 07-11-2015 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Can someone please tell me some info about this number plate. Its KLW591, its off a Lanchester car.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

Registration No. KLW591
    Model Description Lanchester Unspecified ALL Models
    Engine Capacity (cc) 1287 cc
    Transmission Manual Manual
    Body Type Saloon
    Fuel Type Petrol Petrol
    Number of Seats Not Available
    Colour Black Black
    BHP Not Available
    Year 1949
    Questionmark ID Numbers & Documentation
    Chassis No/VIN 63187
    Engine No 18314
    Okay Origin Data
    Country of Origin United Kingdom
    Date Of First Registration In UK 19/05/1949
    Previous Registrations
    Reg Date Changed
    None None

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

• Registered Users Posts: 8 shanekennedy06

Bigus wrote: »
    Registration No. KLW591
    Model Description Lanchester Unspecified ALL Models
    Engine Capacity (cc) 1287 cc
    Transmission Manual Manual
    Body Type Saloon
    Fuel Type Petrol Petrol
    Number of Seats Not Available
    Colour Black Black
    BHP Not Available
    Year 1949
    Questionmark ID Numbers & Documentation
    Chassis No/VIN 63187
    Engine No 18314
    Okay Origin Data
    Country of Origin United Kingdom
    Date Of First Registration In UK 19/05/1949
    Previous Registrations
    Reg Date Changed
    None None

Thanks so much for the reply, could you tell me if the number plate I have is a UK reg or an Irish reg??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

UK one owner 66 years

Bigus wrote: »
    UK one owner 66 years

Sorry for asking more but you hardly know where it was registered, thanks so much for your help:) greatly appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Thanks so much for the reply, could you tell me if the number plate I have is a UK reg or an Irish reg??

It's a London registration.

It's a London registration.

That's brilliant, would the one owner just be from the uk or would these records crossover to Ireland as well?? Could there have been more than one owner??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭w124man

That's brilliant, would the one owner just be from the uk or would these records crossover to Ireland as well?? Could there have been more than one owner??

????????????

WTF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

an old vehicle like that could well have become an Irish taxed vehicle, whilst retaining it's UK number..

an old vehicle like that could well have become an Irish taxed vehicle, whilst retaining it's UK number..

Would the tax book show both English and Irish owners. A person that replied previous said that it was one owner of 66 years. I'm just wondering would this include both records English and Irish if you get my meaning?

• Advertisement

w124man wrote: »
    ????????????

WTF?

Your a great help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

Would the tax book show both English and Irish owners. A person that replied previous said that it was one owner of 66 years. I'm just wondering would this include both records English and Irish if you get my meaning?

If it had one owner and was originally British, it would have the original UK taxbook with one owner shown, but with the tax paid in Irleand I would have thought. It's along time ago but I think UK books had a space for stamping that tax had been paid, the same as the Irish books

Your a great help!

At least you read this post. If you had read the comprehensive answer in post two, you wouldn't have needed to continue.

Oh and by the way, it is 'you're' as opposed to 'your'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭Silvera

Perfectly valid question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

At least you read this post. If you had read the comprehensive answer in post two, you wouldn't have needed to continue.

Christ... the hostility !! Why don't you just tell the poster to feck off and be done with it !
    All he is doing is asking a few questions, to which he obviously does not know the answer... yet !

swarlb wrote: »
    Christ... the hostility !! Why don't you just tell the poster to feck off and be done with it !

That'd be rude!

You're a ****ing retard. Is that spelling ok?

At least I wasn't rude!

• Registered Users Posts: 64,961 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Let's keep it nice folks. @shanekennedy06 - this is your first time posting on boards and you haven't made a great start. Change your tune or it will be your last post in this forum.

unkel wrote: »
    Let's keep it nice folks. @shanekennedy06 - this is your first time posting on boards and you haven't made a great start. Change your tune or it will be your last post in this forum.

Oooooh :) I'm really sorry!! Its not my fault though in fairness that you allow moron's like him on this though is it? In fairness I thought I was being generous with that comment. Please don't ban me, I might have to use a different email address :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,961 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Looks like this forum is better off without you. User banned, thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement