Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car seat help- newborn

Options
  • 07-11-2015 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭

Hi all,

Looking for some advise re car seats/bases for a newborn.
    I really want one that rotates around for ease of use (I suffer with bad back).

The maxi cost axis says it's only suitable from 4mts but this one looks ideal as it goes right up to 4 years and I'd prefer spend the money now for a chair/base that will last.

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Nuna Rebl is exactly what you're looking for - it rotates and is suitable from birth. It's way better than the Maxi Cosi version as it allows rear facing for up to around 4 years whereas the maxi Cosi doesn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

tinkerbell wrote: »
    Nuna Rebl is exactly what you're looking for - it rotates and is suitable from birth. It's way better than the Maxi Cosi version as it allows rear facing for up to around 4 years whereas the maxi Cosi doesn't.

+1 for the Nuna rebl! We got it and it's great! Expensive car seat but worth it and can be used from birth. Rotates 360 degrees and can be used rear and forward facing.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭guideanna

Looking at it here now...expensive alright but i suppose if you were to buy a couple of sets from birth - 4yr you'd easily spend that anyway.

Thanks a mil guys!!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭guideanna

One sore point is this one doesn't work with the travel system which i was hoping my car seat would as it's very handy with newborns for short outings.
    Back to the drawing board....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

guideanna wrote: »
    One sore point is this one doesn't work with the travel system which i was hoping my car seat would as it's very handy with newborns for short outings.
    Back to the drawing board....

The only seats that will work with the travel systems are the newborn ones which I think only go to 10-13kg. I don't think will not get a seat till 4yo that attaches to your travel system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

As Sligo said only the infant carriers will work with travel systems. You'd be surprised how easy it is to get baby in and out of the infant seat. I have a bad back too and only had issues when he hit the 10kg mark ( around 6 months the chunkster!) you can always put baby in the seat first and then transfer to the car to save you twisting to get the baby in the seat through the door

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

If you have a bad back you won't want to be taking the car seat out and reinserting anyway. That manoeuvre is sore enough on a good back, let alone a bad one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

What about a britax dualfix?
    I rarely put the baby car seat on the buggy.....a) because of those stupid adapters b) I didn't like to keep baby in car seat for too long.
    those baby seats are a waste of money for us we only got 6 months out of ours but our son was crazy crazy tall.i wish I had just asked tony kealys if I could pay extra and get a 0-18kg seat as opposed to a 0-13kg one.

Advertisement