Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blacklisted phone.

Options
  • 07-11-2015 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Long story short, I lost my phone (S6 Edge unlocked) and got it blacklisted, it was found and returned to me however but I had already had it blacklisted by Three, making it useless for any sim in Ireland. If I was to sell it on eBay to someone in the UK/Northern Ireland would it work with their sim? I.E will it work with any sim as long as it's not an Irish one or is the blacklist worldwide?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Not sure about UK/Northern Ireland as some of the operators are same. It should work fine in far away countries. There's no worldwide blacklist.

Can you not ask Three to unblock the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭John mac

coldfire1x wrote: »

Can you not ask Three to unblock the phone?

That would be my first port of call. surely if you bring it in to a shop with id , they can unblock it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

I doubt they would as I got the phone replaced though their insurance and I'd say they would think I was trying to scam a new phone to sell on or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

If you have already taken a replacement through insurance then they wont unblock it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I had a handset that was blacklisted over here, gave it to my daughter who is in Wales and it worked great on UK networks.

I wouldn't have sold it on ebay though as that's opening a whole new can of worms, hence why i just gave it away

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Duff, I know from experience that they will work perfectly in the UK or up north.

Be mindful to inform anyone purchasing the new phone that they might experience problems with it in the republic though.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭eoz

Would the insurance company not own the phone now??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

eoz wrote: »
    Would the insurance company not own the phone now??

Not sure about that, but at the end of the day the phones technically "lost" so how they can own something that in theory doesn't exists or can't be found could be a tricky one.

Advertisement