Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Standing in 3arena with a seated ticket?

Options
  • 07-11-2015 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I recently bought a seated ticket to a concert in 3arena because all the standing tickets were sold out. I would really like to be in the standing area though. Does anyone know how strict they are in terms of whether they check your ticket type? Like, would I be able to sneak into the standing area? Any help is greatly appreciated, cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Depending on the event, standing and seated sections have different entry points, so it might not even possible.

Even if it is, there will be employees between the two sections, so not sure how easy it is. I have never tried it myself, as I would consider health and safety issues in an overcrowded standing arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭JamieHP

i've gotten away with getting into standing from seating by saying i'm going to the smoking area and then just walking into standing from the smoking area.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭sabrewulf

Depends on the set up: if they sell tickets for rows 1-20, you will walk through the standing area to get to your seat (thus you can just stay in standing if preferred). If seating starts with row 20+ (as in 9 out of 10 gigs) you'll enter through a different entrance without access to the standing area. Surprised about the smoking area workaround success, given you would need to climb one or two barriers right next to the security entry points.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,407 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

sabrewulf wrote: »
    Depends on the set up: if they sell tickets for rows 1-20, you will walk through the standing area to get to your seat (thus you can just stay in standing if preferred). If seating starts with row 20+ (as in 9 out of 10 gigs) you'll enter through a different entrance without access to the standing area. Surprised about the smoking area workaround success, given you would need to climb one or two barriers right next to the security entry points.

Yep surprised myself about the smoking area workaround, must have been where the only the flat seating was removed. When only the flat seating is removed, the standing entrance is the same as the lower seating entrances, so I guess it's pretty easy especially mid-gig.

But as as sabrewulf says, if it's balcony only seating where the seating row starts at 20, there's no connect between the two areas apart from the disabled lifts.

Also if it's the U2 gig, you've little to no chance.

Advertisement