Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sole Trader Equipment Rental Query

Options
  • 07-11-2015 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Meant to check this yesterday with my accountant but if anyone on here can clear up my confusion it would be much appreciated.

As a soletrader I rented equipment for a job (first time I've needed to do this) I paid for this in full but now want to charge this cost on to the person who hired me.

Do I invoice them separately for this equipment or just build it on to my normal fee?

If I invoice them separately for equipment then how do I handle my invoice from the rental company, does it just become cost and VAT neutral? ie. I can't count the cost or VAT as I've charged someone else for it?

I'm (clearly) really bad at getting my ahead around this stuff :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭adrianw

Include it on your invoice as a disbursement / expense and charge VAT. As mentioned it will be VAT neutral for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Thanks for the reply, that's more or less what I did in the end

Advertisement