Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan's 60 Kwh Battery.

Options
  • 07-11-2015 3:54am

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1100775_nissans-60-kwh-200-mile-battery-pack-what-we-know-so-far

Notice this section here "BoatMad" when you were slagging me off as being clueless about batteries telling me internal resistance meant nothing or had no influence in charging !

Faster charging. Engineers have made an effort to reduce impedance, through the increased quantity of cells and a revised electrode material. This allows longer charging at maximum current—and will potentially allow faster-rate 100-kW charging versus the current 50-kW. Higher voltage is under discussion.

This is information directly from Nissan Engineers !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭thierry14

Does sound amazing

Wondering how much more expensive?

Base model is what 27K?

This will be 40k?

thierry14 wrote: »
    Does sound amazing

Wondering how much more expensive?

Base model is what 27K?

This will be 40k?

Cost is anyone's guess.

I would say they will offer 30 kwh, 40, 50 and 60 Kwh

You pick the range you want based on the price you ant to pay, personally I don't think I would need 200 miles , I could probably live with 170 miles with a 50 kwh battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1100775_nissans-60-kwh-200-mile-battery-pack-what-we-know-so-far

Notice this section here "BoatMad" when you were slagging me off as being clueless about batteries telling me internal resistance meant nothing or had no influence in charging !

Faster charging. Engineers have made an effort to reduce impedance, through the increased quantity of cells and a revised electrode material. This allows longer charging at maximum current—and will potentially allow faster-rate 100-kW charging versus the current 50-kW. Higher voltage is under discussion.

This is information directly from Nissan Engineers !

ah jesus, journalists reporting science when will the nonsense ever end

Look , the rate of charge in a Li tech, is a function of intercalation rates, read up on the science , sheesh

they way you talk, you think there was a resistor soldered inside the battery

all this media stuff is just marketing nonsense

BoatMad wrote: »
    ah jesus, journalists reporting science when will the nonsense ever end

Look , the rate of charge in a Li tech, is a function of intercalation rates, read up on the science , sheesh

they way you talk, you think there was a resistor soldered inside the battery

all this media stuff is just marketing nonsense

So journalists made it up ? don't think they would know enough about it to be honest and I doubt Nissan engineers would be bothered making a story up about internal resistance either.

Marketing nonsense, lol

Marketing nonsense, lol

yup, marketing nonsense, pseudo-science for dummies

• Advertisement

yup, marketing nonsense, pseudo-science for dummies

Bull crap ! they could have come up with any story !

Bull crap ! they could have come up with any story !

Journalist just write what they are given , especially on technical subjects , they don't understand internal resistance from a hole in the ground

Again ,remind me of your technical qualifications or relevant experience in this area , no wait, you don't have any ,.......

Keep making up the science then

( or finding masters level nonsense papers, that deserve an F )

Journalist just write what they are given , especially on technical subjects , they don't understand internal resistance from a hole in the ground

Again ,remind me of your technical qualifications or relevant experience in this area , no wait, you don't have any ,.......

Keep making up the science then

( or finding masters level nonsense papers, that deserve an F )

You're a battery expert ?

You're full of crap, and you're a troll !!!

You're a battery expert ?

You're full of crap, and you're a troll !!!

You must be ready to quit this thread soon, you're very near to one of your characteristic outbursts :D ( be cool its not worth it)

Advertisement