Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wordpress Contact Form

Options
  • 07-11-2015 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭

Hey all,

Has anyone any contact form plugin that they would reccommend for wordpress.org

I had been using contact 7 and its not sending the email,
    also Fast Secure Contact Form seems to send the email from the form, but it never turns up?

Any ideas appreciated as starting to give up!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭Talisman

More than likely it's the PHP mail configuration is the problem. Check the sendmail_path setting.

You could test it using a simple script such as the following, be sure to change the email address first:
    <?php
      mail ('email@address.com', "Test Email Subject", "Test mail from PHP mailer.");
    ?>

If the email isn't delivered then WordPress is not the issue.

There's also a plugin to save Contact Form 7 submissions to the database: Contact Form DB.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭lukin

I found this contact form quite good:Clean and Simple Contact Form.
    To configure SMTP I used "Easy WP SMTP". The only thing with Easy WP SMTP is that it seems to only be able to send the mail to a mail address that is the same as the server hosting the wordpress site. E.g. if it is a site www.dogs.com then the email address the contact from is sent to has to be an address that is "sometyhing@dogs.com".

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭thecelt

lukin wrote: »
    I found this contact form quite good:Clean and Simple Contact Form.
    To configure SMTP I used "Easy WP SMTP". The only thing with Easy WP SMTP is that it seems to only be able to send the mail to a mail address that is the same as the server hosting the wordpress site. E.g. if it is a site www.dogs.com then the email address the contact from is sent to has to be an address that is "sometyhing@dogs.com".

I set up an email at the domain and had it forward to my regular mail, this works if i send an email to it,
    I tried clean and simple,
    it says email sent, but not sending,
    if i activate easy wp smtp it then says cant sent email, any ideas appreciated

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Like Talisman said, it sounds like it's not a WordPress issue. Your server probably isn't setup to send email.

1) Talk to your hosting company.
    2) Use an external email service like Mandrill.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭thecelt

Thanks for your advice,
    Just to mention also,
    I was using contact form 7 but for some reason it stopped sending email.
    It was working fine the last year and now it says email is sent and nothing ever arrives

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Second the Mandrill suggestion. SMTP is often disabled on shared hosts due to compromised accounts sending spam.

Advertisement