Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Study Log LC 2017

Options
  • 06-11-2015 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

I have decided to make a study log to keep track on my homework,study and progress etc.
    Aims for Christmas tests:
    Irish OL O3
    English HL H4
    Maths HL H3
    Accounting HL H2
    Business HL H1
    Economics HL H2
    Home Ec HL H1
    If I put a lot of effort in from now until Christmas,I hope I could achieve these results.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Telo123

Today I plan on working on my Homeec journal.Hopefully answer 2 accounting questions on revaluation.Do my English Homework and Write some Economics notes.

So I spent about 2 hours doing work today,I'm very happy with accounting find it so easy

Started revising Obesity in Homeec,later I plan on doing a small bit of Economics and Maths revision.

Revised long division and simultaneous equations in maths

Today I made notes on management of business, different types of leadership andthe two theories of motivation.I also studied a small bit of costs of production in Econmics.I feel I could be working harder though,so im going to make a study timetable.

• Advertisement

Productive enough day did about 2 and a half houre between homework and study.
    Studied protin in homeec
    Depreciation in accounting.

Ok do my study hasnt bern going great need to start tomorow

Ok do my study hasnt bern going great need to start tomorow

Over the weekend I need to do a lot of study.

Alright so as things turned out I did hardly any study for my exams. I'm quite annoyed with myself but luckily the work I had done earlier in the year carried me through. I shall post my results as I receive them.

• Advertisement

I have finally got my Christmas exams back, however a mixed bag of results.I am happy enough with my results overall,considering the fact I didn't do as much study as I would of liked. Disappointingly that will be no excuse the day I sit my Leaving cert. Here are my results

Irish 48% couldn't care less once I pass.

English 48% Not my strongest subject, Need to work on timing and maybe start reading to improve vocab.

Maths 68% Thought I did better tbh. Should of got high B or an A, too many stupid mistakes

Business 76% With a bit of study this can turn into an A.

Economics 87% Delighted although I predicted slightly better. We did a full LC paper on topics we've completed. Flying through the course , done one third of it already. Great teacher.

Accounting 80% Happy out. Need to stop sleeping in class boring subject, however easy enough when you understand the topic due to the repetition of questions.

Home Economics 100% Best subject. Only subject I study hard for.

Have not got into a routine since the Christmas holidays. No motivation whatsoever this will soon have to change.

Summer test results
    Irish OL 56 O5
    English HL 63 H4
    Maths HL 63 H4
    Accounting HL 68 H4
    Business HL 95 H1
    Economics HL 98 H1
    Home ec HL 100 H1
    Put very little work into 5th year the subjects I studied in I done well, the rest were average. Need to work alot harder next year.

6th year is well underway and im tipping away doing about 2 hours a night will need to up this to 3 in the comming weeks.

Updated Lc aims
    Home-ec H1
    Economics H1
    Business H2
    Accounting H3
    Maths H3
    English H3
    These are reaslistic aims however my workload mudt significantly increase since im only doing a small amount of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Oathkeeper

Telo123 wrote: »
    6th year is well underway and im tipping away doing about 2 hours a night will need to up this to 3 in the comming weeks.
    Hi Telo I came across your study log because I've really been trying to get into studying I'm in 5th year so do you have any advice for study plans or making notes etc because I'm thinking of making a study log my self

Oathkeeper wrote: »
    Hi Telo I came across your study log because I've really been trying to get into studying I'm in 5th year so do you have any advice for study plans or making notes etc because I'm thinking of making a study log my self

Im not one who can stick to a study plan myself,I study what i need to when i need to tbh. As regards making notes I find it effective for some subjects e.g business where there is so much irrelavent material in the book.My advice would be find a study method which works best for you and stick to that.Make sure to complete your homeeork to the best of ur ability and do a small bit extra on top of that.Hope this helped

With midterm exams approaching in 2 eeeks I might aswell give myself some goals
    English H4
    Maths H3
    Accouting H3
    Home ec H1
    Economics H1
    Business H1
    Irish O3

Christmas test results:
    Irish 68
    Maths 61
    English 65
    Business 80
    Accounting 85
    Home ec 98
    Economics 99

• Registered Users Posts: 9 gaaman16

How much study should I be doing when we go back after break done nothing really only homework and a bit of study here and there are

• Advertisement

gaaman16 wrote: »
    How much study should I be doing when we go back after break done nothing really only homework and a bit of study here and there are

You've done more then me,I didnt even open my bag haha.Im gonna try get 4 hours a night done between now and the pres.Anymore is too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 gaaman16

Telo123 wrote: »
    You've done more then me,I didnt even open my bag haha.Im gonna try get 4 hours a night done between now and the pres.Anymore is too much.
    Is it possible to do an arts in accounting and geography??

gaaman16 wrote: »
    Is it possible to do an arts in accounting and geography??

Not sure,ur best off asking yout guidance councellor.

Mock results.
    Maths 39% H7
    English 62% H4
    Accounting 79% H3
    Business 80% H2
    Home ec pre 1 83% pre 2 95% *H1/H2
    Economics 99% H1

456 points hopefully 500 + in the leaving

Lc aims:
    Maths H4
    English H3