Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Answering Questions in Business

Options
  • 06-11-2015 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

In answering questions where your falling short in a point, can you combine to headings+points.

For example
    Outline a method of promoting Intrapreneurship

Instead of this originally:

Teamwork
    Encouragaes activity among employees as it facilitates brain storming sesssions as part of the product developtment process.

I only have one point for that, so can I take another point and heading and comebine them to get the full 5 marks.

Teamwork and Training program
    - Encourages creativity among employees as it produces brain storming sessions as part of the product development process.
    - Training program for employees and management, training them on the realisation of an intrapreneurial; culture within a business.

Secondly I cant get the jist of it, in business if the the points are too short or not.

Employment:
    It creates jobs and businesses for local people.
    The wages or profits they receive give them a higher standard of living than they would have had if they had stayed on social welfare.
    Would this give me the full 5 ?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Teamwork and Training program
    - Encourages creativity among employees as it produces brain storming sessions as part of the product development process.
    - Training program for employees and management, training them on the realisation of an intrapreneurial; culture within a business.

Tbh these two points aren't really connecting at all and wouldn't suffice as a single main point. You'd need things that are similar to go down that root like Training and Development. Just stick in another point if you feel like its too short:

Teamwork: A team is a group of people working together to achieve a certain objectives. It encourages creativity among employees as it produces brainstorming sessions as part of the product and development process. The stages in forming a team are Forming, Storming, Norming and Performing.
    Employment:
    It creates jobs and businesses for local people.
    The wages or profits they receive give them a higher standard of living than they would have had if they had stayed on social welfare.
    Would this give me the full 5 ?

Thank you

I'd imagine so - 2 marks for the first point and 3 marks for the second. Unless the question called for an example or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭mdudy

You're best to always throw in an example anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Sorry to ask another question.
    Its just that my notes do not have a proper structured answer to do nor do I know how to approach this.
    Marking scheme is saying 3 × 5
    Discuss how consumers may benefit from the existence of a competitive relationship between producers.

I was thinking of talking about the competitive relationship between 2 producers same line of business but since its asking 3 headings 5 marks each. Its def not that. Ill have to directly talk about the benefits for a consumer.

Would really be grateful for any help whatsoever

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Sorry to ask another question.
    Its just that my notes do not have a proper structured answer to do nor do I know how to approach this.
    Marking scheme is saying 3 × 5
    Discuss how consumers may benefit from the existence of a competitive relationship between producers.

I was thinking of talking about the competitive relationship between 2 producers same line of business but since its asking 3 headings 5 marks each. Its def not that. Ill have to directly talk about the benefits for a consumer.

Would really be grateful for any help whatsoever
    You have to learn to twist your notes a bit. If producers are competing against each other, they're competing for consumers which means better prices, quality, service, etc. for the consumers. Make these as heading and explain why each of these are of benefit to the consumers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭mdudy

Yeah, you need to learn to apply what you know to different types of questions - you'll soon find in business you can repeat the same thing over and over again, especially in some of the later units. It's 3x5, therefore you need 3 points, each containing a heading, elaborate it (one or two sentences max) and then an example (or piece of new info).

Never write essays.

• Advertisement
Advertisement