Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

are boards moderators pursuing a nanny agenda

Options
  • 06-11-2015 10:26pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 40

I joined the Galway news group to make a suggestion about Lough Atalia bay only to have it locked or closed by a moderator who obviously disagrees with my suggestion. How can the boards have any credibility if we cant speak as adults without our anonomous nanny cutting us off. I am one of the few who puts my name to my posts and even the mods are hiding behind dummy names. Its only for the kids by the look of it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

I'll give you a hint... It's the charter rules more than likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

To be fair, the Conspiracy Theories mods shut down the thread where you tried to plug your book in that forum too. Tut, tut!

Read the forum charters. It'll make life easier for all. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

How do we know you're the real No Elogara?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 40 noelogara

To be fair, the Conspiracy Theories mods shut down the thread where you tried to plug your book in that forum too. Tut, tut!

Read the forum charters. It'll make life easier for all. ;)

Thats not true. I didnt try to plug my book and didnt even name it. I responded to a person who called my work into question and he hadnt even read my work so he didnt even know what he was talking about.
    For that response I was cut off and of course the public who are interested in that subject are being manipulated by the mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

ibtl.

• Advertisement

ibtl.

ibtl code for in before the lock Ben makes no sense when we had a serious discussion of a suggestion for the bay. Nobody was pushing books or any other agenda except perhaps the moderator who it seems lives in the city centre and feels that would not suit his business there so he locked out the debate. Freedom of expression is not possible for Galway on boards.ie. What chance debate on a controversial subject calling the authorities into question? Back to the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

noelogara wrote: »
    ibtl code for in before the lock Ben makes no sense when we had a serious discussion of a suggestion for the bay. Nobody was pushing books or any other agenda except perhaps the moderator who it seems lives in the city centre and feels that would not suit his business there so he locked out the debate. Freedom of expression is not possible for Galway on boards.ie. What chance debate on a controversial subject calling the authorities into question? Back to the future.

Thats the movies forum, youre in the wrong spot altogether. As has been pointed out to you already, it may be worth your while reading the charter.

Thats the movies forum, youre in the wrong spot altogether. As has been pointed out to you already, it may be worth your while reading the charter.

you speak in tongues Ben. why not say what I did wrong and make it simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I would like to publicly apologise to the poster whom I disagreed with who told me all new registerees are one-dimensional. I was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Its the moderators stopping the filling in off the Lough aswell. They are in league with the aliens.

• Advertisement

Its the moderators stopping the filling in off the Lough aswell. They are in league with the aliens.

you have something there. they are more used to dealing with imbeciles and the brain dead. When something different and controversial pops up they retreat under their rocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Is slagging off the mods and not reading the rules a Galway thing or can we all do it now. Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

"Freedom of speech" only protects you from the government under certain circumstances, it doesn't have anything to do with forums owned by private companies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

It's a conspiracy!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭jonski

you speak in tongues Ben. why not say what I did wrong and make it simple.

Well , you could start with this one ....

13. No in-thread discussion of moderation. If you need clarification of this Charter, or wish to discuss actions taken that pertain to moderation, PM the moderator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I think you lost him at read the rules.

You're a nanny agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

you have something there. they are more used to dealing with imbeciles and the brain dead. When something different and controversial pops up they retreat under their rocks.

Wait. Is this thread not you complaining about a moderator moderating a thread? How is a moderator actually moderating a thread them retreating under their rocks? They've kinda done the exact opposite?
    What you saying about imbeciles noel?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I am one of the few who puts my name to my posts and even the mods are hiding behind dummy names.

I'll have you know that my real name is, in fact, Per Egrine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Howya. As other posters have said in this thread, the Galway City forum charter contains all the relevant information you need, if you feel like moderation has been unfair. I highly suggest reading it before posting here again. You can follow the link here.

Notably number 13 which has already been pointed out.
    13. No in-thread discussion of moderation. If you need clarification of this Charter, or wish to discuss actions taken that pertain to moderation, PM the moderator.

Setting up a thread specifically to bash the moderators is not only looked upon poorly, but it's also a little petty. We are all adults here, if you don't like an action that has been taken, contact us, as opposed to moaning to the public domain. If you feel like you will get no satisfaction from the mods here however, I might also suggest that you create a thread in Dispute Resolution.

Locking this thread now as it really serves no purpose here.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement