Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boys from the Blackstuff

Options
  • 06-11-2015 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,578 ✭✭✭✭

I'm sure at least a few of ye have seen this mini-series. Famous for its depiction of the early 80s recession and the effects of Thatcher on the old industries of Britain. Regarded as one of the great BBC dramas, I think it's well worth a watch. Couldn't find any previous threads, so I thought I'd make this one.

Well known for its bleak portrayal of the working class plight, and featuring several memorable characters, including Yosser Hughes ("Gizza job. Go on! Gizz it!"), the entire series is available on Youtube (watch the pilot episode/original film first).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Saw it again (first time since 1982) when BBC Four screened it a couple of years ago. Sometimes it looked as old as it was with that VT and cheesy cheaply produced music but still has some tremendous performances esp Michael Angelis and Bernard Hill and moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Great series! I would say that though!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,578 ✭✭✭✭briany

Great series! I would say that though!

That wall you built was a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,417 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Advertisement