Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there other ways to do the leaving cert?

Options
  • 06-11-2015 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Im 17 almost 18 and think im about to be kicked out of school in 6th year ? I want to sit my leaving cert and go to college but i dont think school is for me ?

Are there any other ways to do the leaving cert like doing classes or courses ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

The leaving cert is soon though and you are in 6th year. Would it be better for you to try and resolve your problems with school now?
    It's only a couple of months left when you think about it and it could mean getting into college next year. What's a couple of months , after spending 6 years in a place. You are on the home stretch even though you may not realise it!

The alternative would possibly be teaching yourself or paying exorbitant money for grinds and revision courses.

A lot of people by the way don't like school , it's only when they go to college that they realise what they had when they were there. You are literally spoon fed ! Take advantage of it while you can!

Advertisement