Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adwords Campaign Costs?

Options
  • 06-11-2015 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I know this one might be a bit "how long is a piece of string", but can anyone advise even rough costs for setting up a basic adwords campaign?

Just weighing up costs at the moment and I'm specifically wondering about the costs of set-up and monthly data reporting? (NOT the per click costs, I understand ad budget is seperate...)

Any advice would be appreciated...!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 UnquieUserName

wynters wrote: »
    Hi all,

I know this one might be a bit "how long is a piece of string", but can anyone advise even rough costs for setting up a basic adwords campaign?

Just weighing up costs at the moment and I'm specifically wondering about the costs of set-up and monthly data reporting? (NOT the per click costs, I understand ad budget is seperate...)

Any advice would be appreciated...!

Cheers

Hi

I have been using Google Adwords since the 16th of October with a €1 limit, I am just testing it out by trying to get some traffic to a free on line Invoice Template I have, and so far the total cost is about €7.

I am getting about 10 clicks a day for this which I am happy with, hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭M.T.D

Assuming you have a business and a product.

1. keyword research, if you have a website you should have already done this, or paid someone to do it for you, before you created the website. If not do it now!
    2. create the campaigns and ads
    3. link the ads to the analytics on your site for tracking
    4. run your ads
    5. monitor results and adjust the ads/keywords.

You can do it all your self no external cost. Just remember Google will suggest more and more keywords to target, more keywords=more clicks=more money for Google.
    Generally not more buying customers for you. Your keyword research will have told you mostly what keywords and phrases to target. The adjustments are then to minimise wasted clicks and maximise conversion.
    If your budget ad spend is say €100 a month or less do it your self.

If you are estimating your spend on ads to be €500+ per month then it would benefit you greatly to get someone to do the keyword research, set up your campaign, the analytics and monitor and adjust for optimal results. Then take over control yourself.

From experience an optimised campaign will cost (ad costs) only half as much as an adhoc one for each click and get a more targeted response, (buying customers).

If you are thinking along lines of each new customer (sale) is more profit then put a % of profit into your ad campaign and you, in theory, have an unlimited budget. (subject to product supply number of potential customer etc.)

Cost for setup depends on several factors, number of keywords, number of ads, target market....

In terms of cost. Do the math, count the hours, doing the research, creating the adwords account, creating the ads, setting up the analytics, monitoring the results doing the adjustment and multiply by €50

• Registered Users Posts: 49 EdenStudios

Are you wondering how much you will be charged (by Google) or how much to charge IE you're submitting a proposal to manage someone else's Google Adwords campaigns?

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭wynters

Thanks for the responses guys.

I'm a craftsperson who intends to sell products online.
    I'm just wondering how much roughly it would cost to have an adwords campaign professionally set up.
    With the kind of pre-planning / management MTD details above...

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 49 EdenStudios

Wynters - the setup charges would probably vary from agency to agency. I imagine you'd need to approach them directly to enquire.

If this is your first time advertising with AdwWords, I may have a coupon around somewhere. I'll find it and DM you the code.
    It's basically a free starter credit from Google if you're new to AdWords. Will have a look tomorrow for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Google themselves are providing some assistance to small businesses who want to use Adwords. It might be worth asking them directly

Advertisement