Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Clonmel folk remember Jimmy Video?

Options
  • 06-11-2015 8:51am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭

He was feckin great.

Don't know how he kept track of all the videos he rented out. Also that car was an utter banger.

Is he Jimmy Bluray now? Haven't seen him in years.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

He's still around,and he might have been driving a banger delivering his videos but he had a BMW at home.he was very unwell a while back as well i heard but back in good health again,he's a bit of a legend around these parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Actually when i saw your thread heading i though you were going to tell us he had passed away or something :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

I remember him, he is very well known to some Clonmel folk. He used to call most Saturdays and my Mam would bring me out to the car to get films (VHS at the time) from him. I still remember the first film I got, Free Willy. Then in a short space of time I got loads of brilliant 90s action movies too, obviously I was well under the age threshold for these and I'm still unsure how I got them but I used to love watching them all day Saturday and again during the week after school until he came around again on Saturday. I actually have him in part to credit for my interest in movies from a young age to now, I love watching films and I'm glad to hear others remember him.

Last I heard was he was sick but before that he moved into the satellite installation business. I'm happy to hear he's in good health.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭TheManFromTipp

I saw him around where I live a couple of weeks ago.Good to see him still on the go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

I googled Jimmy Video and here I am. What's he up to these days? I hope he's well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

He was aka Jimmy ****.

Advertisement