Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO - Is my Dare still available?

Options
  • 06-11-2015 12:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I created my account on the cao website today, but I was wondering if you have to submit your DARE application before entering courses? I didn't think you had to since the SUSI, DARE, HEAR etc are all listed at the bottom of the page and I didn't see them until afterwards... and I am 106% certain on the course I'm going to put as my first choice, so I put it down and pressed submit right? But now I'm hearing that the DARE application that I'm yet to get confirmation for (though I do most definitely qualify for it) might not be considered now that I submitted the course? I didn't think this was the case since you can change courses whenever... can someone help me out here? I created this account especially for this because I've gotten too anxious :(

I'll probably find my career guidance teacher tomorrow and ask her also, but she isn't actually qualified as a CG teacher (we don't have an official one) and doesn't tend to know a whole lot about DARE, so some extra help from someone who might have done a similar thing to me would be amazing :)

Also, if the DARE thing won't be considered now, is there some way around this? Like can I make another account and start over or reset my choices? Thank you in advance!!! <3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Forever21

As far as I'm aware go back into your cao account and click on the DARE link & download the DARE forms, you must fill in what they require & get it filled in as well by your consultant & school. The forms are straight forward to fill out & no you must apply to cao first then download the forms so no need to panic.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭alaskayoung

Don't worry, it doesn't matter what order you submit them or how many times you change them as long as they're both completed before the final date. I applied and was accepted to DARE if you need any help with your application..

Advertisement