Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gift for amateur photographer

Options
  • 06-11-2015 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Hi all. I have a friend who enjoys his photography. I wonder can anyone recommend a book I can buy him. He recently enquired about a photoshop course. Sorry know I am not giving a lot of info. But if someone can suggest anything I would appreciate it

I've come to this forum for help because you are enthusiasts. Thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

It's a really hard thing to give advice.

A long time ago I spent money on books about Photoshop. They seemed great at the time, but all they did was confuse me. Looking back now every one of them was almost useless. They go out of date so quickly. All my books were on PS7. Evan buying gear is fraught with danger as you will not know what they want unless they give good hints.

Have you considered buying them a membership to the local camera club?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

cordni wrote: »
    Hi all. I have a friend who enjoys his photography. I wonder can anyone recommend a book I can buy him. He recently enquired about a photoshop course. Sorry know I am not giving a lot of info. But if someone can suggest anything I would appreciate it

I've come to this forum for help because you are enthusiasts. Thank you

You could buy him a book from Dubray bookstore on Grafton St. with gift receipt. He can change it if he wants & that store have some nice photography books

• Registered Users Posts: 6,676 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Get him a book about PHOTOGRAPHY. Photoshop has nothing to do with photography. How to use your camera has nothing to do with photography.
    Get him photobooks from well known or not so well known photographers. Or maybe something like http://www.amazon.com/Art-Photography-Approach-Personal-Expression/dp/1933952687 or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭cordni

Thank you all. And thank you daire. Just ordered the art of photography

Advertisement