Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The X Factor 2015 **SPOILER THREAD**

Options
  • 05-11-2015 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭

**** Folks, this is a companion thread to the main X Factor thread and contains song choice spoilers. Please do not enter this thread if you do not want to know what songs the contestants will be performing before Saturday evening's show****

So, this week's theme will be... Reinvention!
    Basically taking a well known song and doing something a bit different with it.

Song choices are being announced as I type and so far, this is who's singing what:

Louisa Johnson: Billie Jean

Mason Noise: Teardrops

Anton Stephens: All About That Bass or Bang Bang

Fourth Impact: Sound of the Underground / The Clapping Song

Seann Miley Moore: California Dreamin'

Monica Michaels: Crazy in Love

Max Stone: Somewhere Over the Rainbow

Reggie 'N Bollie: Beautiful Dangerous

...That's all I have for now. Will update when more info emerges :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I bet 95% of the "reinventions" will be ones that have already been done!

Billie Jean could very well be the David Cook (American Idol)/Austin Drage (X Factor 2008) version/.

Crazy in Love - 50 Shades of Grey version.

Somewhere Over the Rainbow - ukulele version (in 50 first dates)

I can't stand the Clapping Song but I think the mash up between that and Sound of the Underground will be interesting, and 4th Impact will no doubt have their usual perfect performance...yawn :p

Worried about Anton :/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Is Mason singing Tearsdrops by Womack & Womack? I'm probably showing my age here by that's the song that came into my head.

Is Mason singing Tearsdrops by Womack & Womack? I'm probably showing my age here by that's the song that came into my head.

Yeah that's the one. Can't imagine it! I hope it's not a ridiculously slowed down version.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Yeah that's the one. Can't imagine it! I hope it's not a ridiculously slowed down version.

I think Mason will be good singing that,it will really suit him.
    Monica is the one I'm most excited about ,she is sassy enough for that song.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭PressRun

They're probably all just going to be slowed down, "emotional" versions of these songs that have been done before.

• Advertisement

From my point of view i dont think they are using Seann in the right way.California Dreamin hes not a hippy,he needs something edgy.

Reinvention is the theme and Seann would have been great singing Express yourself by Madonna.After all shes the Master of Reinvention.

dubstarr wrote: »
    From my point of view i dont think they are using Seann in the right way.California Dreamin hes not a hippy,he needs something edgy.

Reinvention is the theme and Seann would have been great singing Express yourself by Madonna.After all shes the Master of Reinvention.

Yeah but he's going to "reinvent" it...so it's not going to be the 60s hippy version that we know. It probably will be edgy.

Yeah but he's going to "reinvent" it...so it's not going to be the 60s hippy version that we know. It probably will be edgy.

Ha that wont be happening .This is the X Factor they wouldnt know edgy if it jumped up and slapped them.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Full list of songs:

The Boys
    Seann Miley Moore: California Dreamin' - Mamas & Papas
    Ché Chesterman: You Can't Hurry Love - The Supremes
    Mason Noise: Teardrops - Womack & Womack

The Girls
    Lauren Murray: Hold Back The River - James Bay
    Louisa Johnson: Billie Jean - Michael Jackson
    Kiera Weathers: Return Of The Mack - Mark Morrison
    Monica Michael: Crazy In Love - Beyoncè

The Overs
    Anton Stephens: All About That Bass / Bang Bang - Meghan Trainor / Jessie J
    Max Stone: Somewhere Over The Rainbow / What A Wonderful World - Israel Kamakawiwo'ole / Louis Armstrong

The Groups
    Reggie 'N' Bollie: What Makes You Beautiful / Cheerleader - One Direction / OMI
    4th Impact: Sound Of The Underground / Boom Clap - Girls Aloud / Charli XCX

I really like the sound of a lot of these :) loads on this weekend though so dunno when I'll get to see it :(

• Advertisement

Theme this week - songs from the movies

4th Impact - Work it Out

Lauren - Licence to Kill

Chė - When A Man Loves A Woman

Anton - I Have Nothing

Max - Secret Garden/Purple Rain

Reggie and Bollie - Who Let The Dogs Out

Monica - Bang Bang My Baby Shot Me Down (not confirmed)

Mason - Men in Black (not confirmed)

Louise's song hasn't been announced

Looking like a crap week. Purple Rain and I Have Nothing - two of the most over-performed songs on these kinds of shows. Most of the other song choices are uninspired. I really like Monica's. That's about it.

Oh and in case anyone's wondering what movie the song "Who Let the Dogs Out" was in...it was Rugrats in Paris :rolleyes: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Men in Black, if that's the song I'm thinking of, are they trying to get Mason eliminated!!!

Louisa will be singing 'Everybody's Free' from Romeo + Juliet.

I agree with IBC, they're not even trying any more. I mean, seriously, how many times has I Have Nothing been performed on this show??

Predictions will be hard this week, as none of these songs inspire confidence.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Allot of people gunning for Max on the elimination thread. I'm not so sure, Purple rain traditionally does quite well on the show and secret garden is a great song. I'd have at least 3 others ahead of him to go

• Registered Users Posts: 85,538 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ziedth wrote: »
    Allot of people gunning for Max on the elimination thread. I'm not so sure, Purple rain traditionally does quite well on the show and secret garden is a great song. I'd have at least 3 others ahead of him to go

Max has the best songs choices but I still think he could for the chop

ziedth wrote: »

He's not singing Purple Rain according to the official ITV X Factor site, just Secret Garden.

He does seem to be a somewhat popular contestant with the female contingent - he could be a Luke Friend type underdog. Personally, I don't find him that interesting, but he has had a couple of pretty lacklustre song choices over the last few weeks and has survived intact, so what do I know?

The fact this series has much fewer live shows and add to that the whole double elimination element, it's much harder to get attached to any one contestant. I think predictions are, in that sense, quite a bit harder to guage this year.

Edit: Just a thought....does anyone else think some of the song choices tonight might be in bad taste, given the events in Paris last night? Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down) and Licence to Kill not looking like the smartest song choices. It'll probably amount to nothing, but it just struck me that Simon might have to rethink those particular songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭jluv

I'm liking the song choice for Che this week..

Edit: Just a thought....does anyone else think some of the song choices tonight might be in bad taste, given the events in Paris last night? Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down) and Licence to Kill not looking like the smartest song choices. It'll probably amount to nothing, but it just struck me that Simon might have to rethink those particular songs.

Seems they were indeed deemed unsuitable in the light of last night's terror attacks and Monica and Lauren have had their songs changed at the last minute.

Lauren will be singing "One Last Time" (not sure who the artist is) and Monica will be singing "What is Love" (again, not sure of the artist - surely not Haddaway??!).

Not easy for either contestant at this stage of the day, but only right I guess.

Wow, well predicted. Pity, was really looking forward to Monica's song.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,538 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Any sign of "theme" or song choices for this week?

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Any sign of "theme" or song choices for this week?

Presume they'll be released tonight on Xtra Factor.

Song choices released.

Theme: Love and Heartbreak (.... yawn!)

Lauren Murray
    We Belong Together by Mariah Carey

Louisa Johnson

Let It Go by James Bay

4th Impact
    Ain’t No Other Man by Christina Aguilera

Reggie n Bollie
    Shut Up And Dance by Walk The Moon mashed up with Dangerous Love by Fuse ODG

Mason Noise
    Jealous by Nick Jonas

Che Chesterman
    Yesterday by The Beatles

Anton Stephans
    One Sweet Day by Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men

Love Lauren's song but not sure I would like to hear it by anyone other than Mariah.

Poor Mason again, Nick Jonas, seriously!

R&B are going to be great I think, love Fuse ODG and his music is perfect for them. Not really looking forward to the rest.

I would say Anton will be amazing for that song.The others are a bit boring.

Bleh!

Ugh 4th Impact is just going to be the same shouty performance as every other week. They need to do something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Bleh!

Ugh 4th Impact is just going to be the same shouty performance as every other week. They need to do something different.

Would love to see them do a ballad or even something a Capella.

I wish they had Mason singing Justin Bieber's new song, Sorry. I think it would be great, and it's his genre.

Che's is probably the most boring. Yesterday ffs!!

I wish they had Mason singing Justin Bieber's new song, Sorry. I think it would be great, and it's his genre.

Che's is probably the most boring. Yesterday ffs!!

Did he not sing that already on the first week?

Monife wrote: »

Oh he did actually :o I didn't know the song then so it didn't register with me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Monife wrote: »

Yeah he did.

Another stupid non-theme theme ffs,so boring.

Think Che & Anton will be the best performances. Hope this is the end of the line for R&B/4th Impact but it probably wont be!

Anyone know if its a single or double this week,I didnt hear it announced on the Xtra Factor so Im presuming its a single?

• Advertisement

I'd say it's a single one this week. 6 people going in 3 weeks was too much!

Advertisement