Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quitting job

Options
  • 05-11-2015 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

It's not that I want to quit but feel I've no choice. I am employed in a pub last 8 years and it changed hands few months ago. New employer given no contract, hrs been reduced by 3/4. New employer has now taken on 3 new staff but has no hrs for the female staff that were already in employment. I plan to collect wages tomorrow and quit. Haven't the energy for fighting and it's getting too close to Christmas to be not able to count on a weekly wage. Tomorrow I get pd for 3 hrs. Yes have been job searching. Applied for 47 in last two days. Don't want to go on social but if I quit and have to if can't find a job soon is there any way around the 9 week wait for quitting. I feel it's not actually voluntary. I know he wants rid of us and I'm just giving him what he wants but don't care at this stage. Have two children and this is really affecting my stress. Think it's better just to cut it then new start. No smart comments. Genuine advice please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,839 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Kopperberg wrote: »
    Don't want to go on social but if I quit and have to if can't find a job soon is there any way around the 9 week wait for quitting. I feel it's not actually voluntary.

Yes. When ou apply for Welfare, show them your payslips to show what happened to the hours when the new owner took over. Tell them what you've told us. If they say "no" anyway, see Citizen's Information and get them to help you appeal it.

Legally what he's doing is called constructive dismissal.

You may have to lodge a complain to get welfare to play ball - but I can well understand why you don't want to waste energy on the fight.

Good luck with the job-hunting.

Advertisement