Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I on a international watch list or something??

Options
  • 05-11-2015 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

2 years ago google contact me saying my account was successfully accessed from mainland china

A month ago on Saturday morning i spent it looking at videos of Israeli security forces violating international law - then at lunch same day my AIB & Gmail & mobilephone (4G and calls) a went down for almost 1/2 an hour and I tried accessing from other devices and all just said service unavailable or it timed out

Last night after I spent 30 mins reading all the comments on a yahoo news article via AFP news and RT (Russia today) I wake up to a message from Facebook saying that my account was accessed from Russia at 2.35am GMT

The Americans have all of our data and calls already cause we all signed that away years ago so I have never got notification of them looking into me

But seriously wtf?

I don't look at beheading or isis/deash ****e .
    I have always made a point of reading all news sites from Fox news to IRNA to Waterford whispers and everything in between

All I do is comment on sites and say that western governments and people are just as guilty as the people and governments they campaign against. I don't even mind being investigated but for **** sake I can't believe that world powers spend time and money investigating an Irish lad having a rant instead of spending time and money addressing the rampant corruption and discrimination in each of their own nations.

or is it all just random?

??? 12 votes

Hackers
    0% 0 votes
    Goverment
    58% 7 votes
    Dont know but grab your "go bag" and get the *** out of doge
    8% 1 vote
    its happened to me as well :(
    33% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,799 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Change your passwords immediately if you think someone else is accessing your accounts

If someone is in your account it's most likely identity theft or phishing attack

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Isn't there a tinfoil hat thingy to protect against this sort of thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Thelomen Toblackai

If your google account and facebook account have been accessed by different people in different countries you're doing something wrong. Probably most likely you are somehow giving away information visiting sites if it happens after reading specific things.

Either way change all your passwords. If there was anyone spying on you they wouldn't be logging into your google and facebook accounts which would be sending you notifications. That'd be the first lesson in spy school, don't send people automatic updates every time you look at their business.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Eh, what's a doge?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

degsie wrote: »

BsOfo9jCYAAhtGS.jpg:large
    If your google account and facebook account have been accessed by different people in different countries you're doing something wrong. Probably most likely you are somehow giving away information visiting sites if it happens after reading specific things.

i don't think so, i don't have the time to browse random sites anymore and when i do i just consume i don't give info, im 30 now, I was the first in my class to have PC, 1st to have internet. i know my stuff might have got a bit lazy last few years and not kept up to date , i don't need to use proxies ect as some have suggested but i don't give Credit Card to anyone except

amazon
    think geek
    netflix
    Steam
    GOG
    Origin

all have different passwords - ALL RANDOM characters and digits 8 long committed to memory and i haven't bought anything that was not on the above list
    differnet passwords for
    facebook
    gmail
    as well

but thanks for the feedback

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,917 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

degsie wrote: »

Please read the charter before posting again, please. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pueblo

You need to find out if you are on the red, blue or green list...

Red List - Enemies to be terminated

Blue List - Enemies to be re-educated or terminated

Green List - No threat

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Slarkon wrote: »
    A month ago on Saturday morning i spent it looking at videos of Israeli security forces violating international law - then at lunch same day my AIB & Gmail & mobilephone (4G and calls) a went down for almost 1/2 an hour and I tried accessing from other devices and all just said service unavailable or it timed out
    Sounds like a problem with the AIB website. Sometimes website aren't accessible for all sorts of reasons.
    The Americans have all of our data and calls already cause we all signed that away years ago so I have never got notification of them looking into me
    The Americans don't need to access your facebook, or hack you. All that data goes through them, they can view it without you ever knowing whenever they want. If you're being notified about someone accessing your account then you can be confident it's not the American government.

Be careful what apps you allow to use your facebook page. Install a malware scanner,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

amazon
    think geek
    netflix
    Steam
    GOG
    Origin

all have different passwords - ALL RANDOM characters and digits 8 long committed to memory and i haven't bought anything that was not on the above list
    differnet passwords for
    facebook
    gmail
    as well

but thanks for the feedback

You have just given any potential hacker some very useful information right there. Be careful what you post on the internet. If you were careless enough to tell us that on a public forum, I'm not surprised this is happening to you.

Thats enough..seriously..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It's not enough to crack a password without great difficulty but generally hackers don't crack passwords they crack the people.

What they might do with information like this along with your name and address is ring you up and seem legitimate by telling you details about you're password like how long it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

I didn't say it was enough but it's a start. If I had the computing power available to attempt to crack a password using brute force alone, it would be very useful to know that the password I am looking for is 8 characters long, no more and no less.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

I have always made a point of reading all news sites from Fox news to IRNA to Waterford whispers and everything in between

just to be sure you do know that Waterford Whispers news is all made up. its a comedy.....

and 8 Character password, 6 hours tops with brute force....

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pueblo

robtri wrote: »
    just to be sure you do know that Waterford Whispers news is all made up. its a comedy.....

Waterford Whispers has much in common with the mainstream media then :p

Advertisement