Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping personal affects to NZ

Options
  • 05-11-2015 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Looking at move back to NZ and need to ship some personal stuff. Generally clothes, small electronic (laptop, speakers etc) cant imagine it being more than 20kg.

Obviously ive looked about but wondering what the fine mind here have to offer. I would take all with me but im taking a few months in Asia first on dont want to carry all non essential with me.
    Ill be packing my stuff and leaving instructions at home to sending so ideally would like the package to be shipped across in less than 2 weeks (No slow boat)

Ive looked at anpost.ie and did a quote for 20kg and they are coming back with 75 euro for 6-8 days delivery. Does that seem right?

Cheers
    Munky

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

The An Post quote seems pretty close from the few times I've had packages shipped. Only ever used them so no other input from me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Sounds about right.

Remember big second hand market here though so very easy get electronics if you bring cold hard cash by selling your Irish stuff.

Advertisement