Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Per Diems

Options
  • 05-11-2015 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all

Going anon for this.
    I work here in Ireland for a Germany company, we get Per Diems for Business travel, recently the policy has changed with notice stating that due to lack of a law in Ireland governing Per Diems we will now be treated under German law which will cause a reduction to our current rates, can this be done does anyone know ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Per Diems wrote: »
    Hi all

Going anon for this.
    I work here in Ireland for a Germany company, we get Per Diems for Business travel, recently the policy has changed with notice stating that due to lack of a law in Ireland governing Per Diems we will now be treated under German law which will cause a reduction to our current rates, can this be done does anyone know ?

Does the value of the reduced per diem cover your business travel expenses? If it does, you may have a difficult pitch to your manager to attempt to change it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Here per diems are called subsistence.

There have been significant changes in subsistences allowances that the revenue accept since July 1.

Are your company aware of subsistence and the changes? Are the changes you are experiencing possibly related to the revenue changes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Nothing you can do about it. It's not compensation or a benefit so not a change to your contract.

i scrapped per diems in my company a few years ago as it was just a way for people to cream off money when travelling.

Advertisement