Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone Selling? Looking for a 2014 Leaf

Options
  • 04-11-2015 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I feel like a post 9/11 Michael O' Leary here considering the announcement of the charges...

I'm looking to pick up a late 2013/2014 Leaf between now and early next year. I've seen one up on DoneDeal "Nissan LEAF XE, 6.6kw, reduced" for quite a while, is she a stinker and I can't tell? Can't post a link as I'm new apparently.

Anyone else trading up or selling, any other advice? Someone suggested importing from the UK but I can't seem to see much of a price difference. 6.6kw charger is a must.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

J.Dev wrote: »
    I feel like a post 9/11 Michael O' Leary here considering the announcement of the charges...

I'm looking to pick up a late 2013/2014 Leaf between now and early next year. I've seen one up on DoneDeal "Nissan LEAF XE, 6.6kw, reduced" for quite a while, is she a stinker and I can't tell? Can't post a link as I'm new apparently.

Anyone else trading up or selling, any other advice? Someone suggested importing from the UK but I can't seem to see much of a price difference. 6.6kw charger is a must.

Is suspect anyone selling a 2014 leaf will be in the trade. Very few people buy a 20 K car from a private person , too much risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I'm thinking of selling my 12 reg without the 6.6 if you're interested :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,362 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Seen that DD one myself.....it has been on a while for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭mr.dunkey

Most Nissan LEAFS on Done deal have been up for a while as the used EV market is not the fastest selling there are some up over 6 months. I see the car your talking about and according to all the checks it checks out, not stolen or crash damaged HPI clear.
    There is LEAFs online for alot longer than that one, but most re list the add differently to give the add a fresh feel
    If your interested in a EV, the best way to check one out is to actually visit the car and bring along someone that knows about them. You can tell if the person is genuine enough,Drive the car. If it has issues it will show on the test drive. Pay for a AA inspection and Ask the seller to refund this cost if you decide to buy. If the car still has warranty its a bonus.
    If your really interested in buying a EV, do a list of any questions and visit the car, It will be clear if the person has no clue about the history of the car.

If buying a LEAF, ask the seller to show you a screen shot of the LEAF spy app. This will show you the cars genuine mileage and chassis number and battery health.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

What is involved in using the leaf Spy app, can I as a prospective buyer use it, (how to)

k123456 wrote: »
    What is involved in using the leaf Spy app, can I as a prospective buyer use it, (how to)
    The LAEF owner may already own a OBD dongle to link they're car to the phone/tablet. There are two types, Android or IOS.

The benefit is you see how many charges the car has. FC and SC. The mileage. The battery health.

The battery in the 2014+ is vastly superior to the 2011-2013.

Definitely the 2014+ is the one to get, Leafspy screen shot is a good idea which will show you the Chassis number and you can compare to the number on the car when you visit it, that is if the seller has a clue about leaf spy.

If not then get the bluetooth to OBD II dongle yourself, download the app and test it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 J.Dev

Definitely set on a 2014, anyone know what month the new model was introduced? I had thought it was late 2013

Definitely set on a 2014, anyone know what month the new model was introduced? I had thought it was late 2013

Yes late 2013, however I don't know if the newer battery came at the start of the upgraded leaf production, 2014 is a safer bet, that is a 2014 model year, could still be some 2013 models with 141 reg early in the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I have a 142 SVE with only 15k on clock but I would need finance cleared to sell so I'm sure you can find cheaper :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭reboot

If your are not set on a Leaf, my Zoe will be in auction shortly in Belfast .Its in great nick with 13,000 miles and next service most due until another 16,000 miles. Renault don't want the hastle of taking it back to UK it seems.Its the top of the range model in blue and charge at present in the cold around 80 miles,I have seen 115 in the Summer.
    As you know on AC it will charge twice as fast as a Leaf on AC , on average I go for a coffee and I've back up in 40 min.
    I am getting a new Zoe soon and have no axe to grind,or financial involvement in the auction, and don't want to go upsetting Leaf folk,its not hard to do. Good luck in any event, brave man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

reboot wrote: »
    If your are not set on a Leaf, my Zoe will be in auction shortly in Belfast .

Are they selling it without battery contract?

cros13 wrote: »
    Are they selling it without battery contract?

Sorry I'm not across the details, still waiting for them to pick it up from me, I'll ask, but they might just send a driver.
    I believe it is going to Wilson's in Belfast, Have read elsewhere that similar Zones may fetch around £7k. Its a great car and the only reason its going is because I've taken the Zoe Navy offer of £10 k off a new car. Thanks

if still interested in a LEAF send me a PM i may be able to help you out

reboot wrote: »
    Sorry I'm not across the details, still waiting for them to pick it up from me, I'll ask, but they might just send a driver.
    I believe it is going to Wilson's in Belfast, Have read elsewhere that similar Zones may fetch around £7k. Its a great car and the only reason its going is because I've taken the Zoe Navy offer of £10 k off a new car. Thanks

Cross 13
    Have all the Zoe details now that its gone to auctioneer , battery rental would continue with RCI.He sold the last one fore 6k.

Advertisement