Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eindhoven to Amsterdam-cheapest way

Options
  • 04-11-2015 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi guys,
    Myself and 4 lads have booked a trip for the end of January. Anyone know what the cheapest way is from eindhoven airport? I know shuttle bus is around 22 ish and the train works out at about the same when you include the bus from the airport.

Is there a student discount? We all have student cards, or is there a group discount? If the savings are only a euro or two I'll stick with the shuttle bus for convenience but ideally would like a cheaper option.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

There is no student Ticket for non Dutch Residents.

There is a group ticket

http://pointstobemade.boardingarea.com/2013/10/22/exploiting-the-ns-group-return-ticket-e6-40-day-return-to-anywhere-within-nl/

You could try one of the Facebook groups to get it down to 7 euros per person but if you only got it for 5 people it would be 57.50 meaning 11.50 per person on the train.

The bus will cost 3.50 each way

So without joining a Facebook group it would cost you 15 euros per person each way (30 euros return) rather than 22 each way (44 euros return)

If you just get your group ticket for 5 people its a saving of 70 euros, that's a few rounds at least :)

If you manage to fill the group ticket with other people from a facebook group that's an additional 45 euros so a saving of 115 euros across your group.

Bus 400 (Direct) and 401 (Stop bus, takes a few minutes extra) goes around every 10 minutes from the Airport, if the 400 is completely rammed (which can happen when a few flights come in just get the 401 instead, the difference is minimal.

For the Group Ticket buy it on the days you want to travel (day you travel there and the other day you come back) you don't need to validate it or anything.

For transport around Amsterdam you can get an anonymous public transport card, you can also use this on the bus when going back to Eindhoven airport, makes it a bit cheaper (2 euro instead of 3.50)

Anyways, have fun, don't get Amsterdamaged. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4 slimjim10

Cheers! That helps alot, I'll definitely look into those facebook groups.

Advertisement