Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop fix

Options
  • 04-11-2015 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Just wondering where people think is the best place (i.e. cheap, quick and lasting work) to get a laptop fixed. I've had a bad experience in one place, I've no interest in saying where it was, just looking for places people can recommend.

It begun as a fan issue, and I didn't get it sorted it out as quickly as I should have, now it won't switch on.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

Just wondering where people think is the best place (i.e. cheap, quick and lasting work) to get a laptop fixed. I've had a bad experience in one place, I've no interest in saying where it was, just looking for places people can recommend.

It begun as a fan issue, and I didn't get it sorted it out as quickly as I should have, now it won't switch on.

Try Limerick Tech Center, 52 Parnell Street. 061 404794

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

From what I see out own Super Sonic might be able to help you out - try giving him a PM!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

If its a fan issue, that didn't get sorted, that would roll into overheating. Good chance motherboard or/or graphics card could now be damaged. Assuming the laptop is out of warranty, would be a few years old, might not be cost effective to repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭VikingG

Try some basic troubleshooting first.
    Is it charging ( could be a power supply issue)
    Does it come on at all (either plugged in or on battery, try both)
    Does it boot into BIOS
    Does it give a series of beeps.. if so you can find what the error code means.
    disconnect any USB devices
    Any grinding noise from the hard disk?

This could help you determine if it is worth fixing

Advertisement