Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't Send Texts After Swapping Phones

Options
  • 04-11-2015 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm assuming this is a more general tech issue, than a specific Three issue, which is why I'm posting it here.

My new phone is the Honor 6, my old one is the LG G2. Yesterday I put my sim into my new phone, the Honor 6, and wasn't able to send text messages (I tried several times to send a message to my own number). I didn't have time to try much troubleshooting so I just took the sim out and put it back into my old G2. Once I did that all the messages I had attempted to send were received on my phone, so presumably my messages did send, I just couldn't receive them on my new phone. I also received some automated setting messages for mms and data from Three (presumably sent when I put the sim into a new phone, but I didn't receive them till I put the sim into my old phone).

The weird thing is that today I noticed that my old G2 can no longer send messages, I just get an error regardless of the app I try using, but it can receive messages, alongside making calls and accessing data. I've checked the messaging center number several times and it is correct.

I'm at a loss here as to what might be happening, and I cannot fathom what possible settings existed on the SIM card that were modified by my new phone and then transferred back to my old phone.

Any help or suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!

Edit: Mods, I'm not really 100% if this question should be in the specific Android forum?

Advertisement