Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video freezing on Chromebook

Options
  • 04-11-2015 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭

This is the closest forum I could think of for this - if there's a better one please move.

My daughter's chromebook (Lenovo N20 11.6") stalls on video playback. This happens on Netflix and Youtube. When it happens the only option is to power off the chromebook completely to enable video again. Everything else will work fine - browsing, docs, etc - just video playback. She gets a freezeframe of wherever she's at but it just won't play. My other daughter has the exact same chromebook and never has this problem so it's not the model of chromebook. Chrome is updated to the latest version on both.

Has anyone see this behaviour before or any idea how to fix it? I've searched but can't find anyone with the same issue.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Orion wrote: »
    This is the closest forum I could think of for this - if there's a better one please move.

My daughter's chromebook (Lenovo N20 11.6") stalls on video playback. This happens on Netflix and Youtube. When it happens the only option is to power off the chromebook completely to enable video again. Everything else will work fine - browsing, docs, etc - just video playback. She gets a freezeframe of wherever she's at but it just won't play. My other daughter has the exact same chromebook and never has this problem so it's not the model of chromebook. Chrome is updated to the latest version on both.

Has anyone see this behaviour before or any idea how to fix it? I've searched but can't find anyone with the same issue.

Thanks.

Have you tried a power wash?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,186 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Is there much disk space free? Could be a lack of space as the video is buffering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

It's been happening since it arrived. Plenty of free space - they don't save anything local - all in the cloud. I might try powerwashing it just in case it was something in the config before it got here but 2 identical machines and one is fine and the other not. Worth a try anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭pah

I have the n20p and it's flawless. Try a factory reset and if that doesn't do it send it back to lenovo I guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Just did a powerwash and it's the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Orion wrote: »
    Just did a powerwash and it's the same.

I would say it's hardware related and needs to be returned

Advertisement