Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frye boots

Options
  • 04-11-2015 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭

Would anyone recommend them? Or know where stocks them in Ireland?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I can't speak to where stocks them, but when I was in the market for leather boots recently, I kept seeing Frye boots online with very high reviews. They were a bit out of my budget, but it seems like they're very popular for a high-quality boot. You'd get some idea of reviews here: http://shop.nordstrom.com/c/womens-boots-frye?origin=leftnav

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

The most comfortable boots you will ever wear. They will last a lifetime.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭cailineile

They ship to Ireland but they are expensive,
    I have two pairs and am getting a third in December in the States.

Best boots ever to put on your feet. I happened to pick up a pair in TK Maxx last year.. a lucky find.

any other questions don't hesitate to ask

C

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Thanks! Do they run true to size? I'm a 39 and would like brown knee high ones. How much was shipping and where did you order from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I think Genius stocks them - I saw them in a window of a shop on Wicklow Street before.

• Advertisement

I was in there yesterday and didn't see them. They do a range of similar boots but I'm holding out for Frye! Even tried TX Maxx-they had some lovely Timberland boots at great prices, but no Frye.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭pemtca

I lucked out on amazon.co.uk last year & got the Carmen in grey for less than €100 - I absolutely love them, so comfortable.

I'm tempted to try Amazon. Do they run true to size?

They run a little small in my experience. I have a few different pairs: all with quite tough leather: takes a while to break 'em in but once you do... yours forever! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭pemtca

Agree with Caligirl, a little breaking in required, but totally worth it, and if you're between sizes go for the bigger one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

There were some Frye boots in Tk Maxx in a Dundrum at the weekend - all big sizes though. I thought I had hit the jackpot with a pair of sizes 9s (I'm an 8-8.5 but like bigger boots so I can wear warm socks) but I couldn't get them on me! They were odd in that the ankle opening seemed small and I couldn't get my foot past it. It may just have been this style and probably wasn't helped by them not having a zip.

Some of the ankle boots seem to have a very small opening going on reviews.

I've bought something else in the meantime. I would prefer to try them on than buy online and risk having to spend a lot returning and exchanging them. Still on my list for the long term!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

These were knee high, the first part of the boot was fine just the 'corner' at the ankle was too tight.

Oh so annoying! Maybe they were seconds or something. I've been in TK Maxx a few times now-I'd never go in usually but I really want the boots!

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

I bought Fryes in Boston years ago and had to wear them back - getting them off in the airport for the scanner was very tough! The ankle angle was very hard going. Took a long time for that to settle. I saw some (one pair) in Genius last week, and have seen them in Harvey Nicks in Dundrum. Mine at the time were €305 in BT and I paid $180 in Boston. Sigh.

Advertisement