Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Honeymoon destination - March

• 04-11-2015 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

Hi all, getting married at end of February and we are currently searching for honeymoon destinations.

That time of year most of Europe isn't too sunny, so that rules a lot of the normal beach spots like Spain and that out. Looking at maybe the all inclusive Cancun type holiday too, or else maybe a two or three city European break, like Rome Barcelona and maybe one more.

Any ideas or anyone else gone somewhere for their honeymoon in March that might be able to give us some inspiration?

Budget is VERY tight, as is usually the way with these things. Would prob have to take a loan out to go to Mexico. Also we have a child so wouldn't want to be away from him for longer than 7 days max so that might rule out going too far beyond Europe.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cp kiki

Hi,

I am getting married start of march next year, we are going to tenerife for our honeymoon, like you we have kids 2 children, my sister kindly offered to mind them for us so we are going for a week, i had planned cancun but prices were mental and we wanted family holiday later in year with kids also.

hope you find somewhere for your honeymoon

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭StarBright01

I would agree with Tenerife or maybe Lanzarotte? Both would be not too far to travel and would be hot in march?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cp kiki

we were deciding either lanzarote or Tenerife, we want to fly out on a sunday so direct from dublin to these two places.

we have been to lanzarote a fews times and never in tenerife so decided here.
    also gran canary or Fuerteventura be nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

What about Morocco?

Flights are reasonable, weather will be nice and it's a different culture / experience without going too far.

Stay in Marrakesh for a couple of nights and then head out to Essuaoira by the sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭HankSchrader

I'm also getting married in March. Honeymoon mid March to Cancun. Heads up to anyone looking at the same....it's Spring Break then and Easter is last weekend in March. We booked an adult only resort an hour away from Cancun to avoid the drunken college students! Not cheap but looks the real deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

We are getting married in april, thinking tenerife/lanzarote etc. We are bringing our 3 year old with us so don't want a long haul

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Jbubs

Puerto Rico is great. Very reasonable for eating and drinking also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Thanks all, yep looking at Lanzorate or tenerife alright! Or maybe a luxurious break in Ireland and a family holiday in summer when there's more options.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

We're not till March 2017 but thinking one of the Canary Islands too. We will have a then almost 2 year old so don't want to be too far from her or a short enough flight if we do decide to bring her

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭SecretBride

I'm also getting married in March. Honeymoon mid March to Cancun. Heads up to anyone looking at the same....it's Spring Break then and Easter is last weekend in March. We booked an adult only resort an hour away from Cancun to avoid the drunken college students! Not cheap but looks the real deal.

We just came back from Secrets The Vine in Cancun.....fab place......not sure what Spring Break would be like there though!

• Advertisement
Advertisement