Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UL Help Please

Options
  • 03-11-2015 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭

I hope someone can help me here. My son is in his final year in UL and is suffering from severe depression and feels he cannot go on to finish his 4 year degree course. Our GP agrees that he is severely depressed and has advised him to take a year out to try to address his mental health issues by getting appropriate professional treatment.

He feels that he cannot finish the remainder of 4th year and would like to take time out and go back to do 4th year again in September 2016 when hopefully he is in a better place.

Can someone advise as to how he can exit from 4th year now and still retain the option of repeating 4th year next year and retaining his grades achieved to date, does UL provide an option to take this kind of break for medical reasons? Any advice appreciated.

S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭taxus_baccata

Contact "student academic administration" services and also the welfare officer in the students union for advice. The staff in ul tallow these matters really seriously and will help you as much as they can, I really hope your son feels well soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Stanford

Many thanks for your speedy advice, I will make contact in the morning, thanks again

Advertisement