Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If i set access location for an app to allow what does that actually mean

Options
  • 03-11-2015 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Ive and android phone and have installed Facebook apps on it
    In Settings/Permission Manager/Applications/Facebook what does the Access location option refer too
    It has 3 options - allow, notify and restrict.
    What does access location option mean - if I set it to allow - what can others see or will appear in FB.
    Will others see my actual location in terms of estate or is it just general area or is the location just showing ip address of my Wi-Fi or what information is it actually sharing with others
    Whats best option to select here - Allow, notify, restrict?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

if you want to let people and google know where you are set it to allow,if you want nobody to know select restrict.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Passport1

Thanks. So when you say 'let people know where you are', is it just letting them know a general area or is it an actual sat nav co-ordinate that if someone put it into a sat nav they could get directions to my house or know exactly where I live?

Thanks

Your front door

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Passport1

Thanks . Does the notify option tell you it trying access you location and accesses it anyway - it just letting u know it accessing it?

Passport1 wrote: »
    Thanks . Does the notify option tell you it trying access you location and accesses it anyway - it just letting u know it accessing it?

Once location switched off if you to you use it it will ask permission and to turn on location,which is why i always have mine set to off unless I specifically want it on for a reason.

• Advertisement
Advertisement