Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus 126 Route?

Options
  • 03-11-2015 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

Anyone know if there's a new route being launched or tested? It appeared on the RTI sign at a stop near me (Long Mile Road) that normally only deals with the 18 bus. Only interested as if its using the 18 stop it might be going my way for work each day.

I know there's a 126 for Bus Eireann but it doesn't come anywhere near me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,583 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Anyone know if there's a new route being launched or tested? It appeared on the RTI sign at a stop near me (Long Mile Road) that normally only deals with the 18 bus. Only interested as if its using the 18 stop it might be going my way for work each day.

I am afraid you are wrong - the Bus Eireann 126 does go near you!

There are several journeys in both directions that operate via the Long Mile Road, Crumlin Road and South Circular Road.

http://www.buseireann.ie/timetables/1425902350-126.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

There are 2 buses a day that go from Belfield at 5pm and from Kildare St at 5.20pm that go via Earlsfort terrace and out along past the childrens hospital and the Long Mile Road, The buses marked E on the timetable.

there is only one bus inbound to Belfield in the mornings weekdays that runs along this route and is Marked with a K on the timetable.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭noisenotmusic

lxflyer wrote: »
    I am afraid you are wrong - the Bus Eireann 126 does go near you!

There are several journeys in both directions that operate via the Long Mile Road, Crumlin Road and South Circular Road.

http://www.buseireann.ie/timetables/1425902350-126.pdf

Huh, learn something new every day. Amazing I've been here for years and never seen one of those buses.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,583 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Huh, learn something new every day. Amazing I've been here for years and never seen one of those buses.

There are several extras in the morning, in addition to the one indicated in the timetable that take this route and two in the evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

lxflyer wrote: »
    There are several extras in the morning, in addition to the one indicated in the timetable that take this route and two in the evening.

I thought the NTA were stamping out this idea of companies operating these "Supplementary" or "extra" buses whenever they liked and that they had to be listed on the timetables if they were in any way regular?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Planning on taking this E bus from earlsfort terrace to kill on Friday evening. Does anyone know if this is usually a full bus at this hour?

Advertisement