Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi hiring

Options
  • 03-11-2015 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

I went for a group interview yesterday with aldi. I was told I will get a call today before closing business hours if I got the job. I am still waiting and now I think I didnt get it. Anybody have any advice why I didnt get called?

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,278 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Moved from Forum Requests

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

EmilyM3791 wrote: »
    I went for a group interview yesterday with aldi. I was told I will get a call today before closing business hours if I got the job. I am still waiting and now I think I didnt get it. Anybody have any advice why I didnt get called?

Maybe the managers haven't decided, maybe HR were too busy, maybe you didn't get it and they won't be calling you.

Tbh it's a bit of a "how long is a piece of string"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Did you keep mentioning adli and how much you would like to work for adli in the interview? I know they and the likes of ildl aren't too keen on that approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Psychosis

minikin wrote: »
    Did you keep mentioning adli and how much you would like to work for adli in the interview? I know they and the likes of ildl aren't too keen on that approach.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 EmilyM3791

So I got the call last night and went today for the trial so now I just have to wait. They will call us before Friday. Fingers crossed I get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Well done, best of luck with the application!

Thanks for all the help got the call I am now an Aldi employee 😜 So happy

• Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Whats the money like in there these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

Firstly, congratulations on getting the job :D
    Slightly off the topic, but just wondering what the group interview was like?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Thanks for all the help got the call I am now an Aldi employee 😜 So happy

Congrats Emily!

May I ask, how many hours do you start on? I've considered applying before but their hours are advertised as 15-30 a week.

• Advertisement

Well it's 11.50 an hour and an extra 4.50 per hour on Sunday. And I am guaranteed 25 hours a week so I could get more. They have a pension plan and even health insurance benefits. The group interview is two maths test the first is twenty questions subtracting adding and multiplying. The second is sequencing. You have five minutes per test then the is a q&a and that's all. You have to wait for a phone call. If you dont get that you were unsuccessful. So if you do the you do a trial in the store and then wait for another call and that's it. Thanks for everyone's help and best of luck to anyone applying for Aldi. Because it ain't easy but worth it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 323 ✭✭emigrate2012

Congratulations on the job, that's a great starting rate for the type of work and with the Sunday premium,even 25 hours will be a reasonable weekly pay.

Have an interview meself on Thursday, first one in donkeys(considering the volume of jobs applied for, most with not even a "thanks for the interest" I'm delighted) maccy d's but tbh, just wanna get back on the books as opposed to picking up the odd 2-3 days labouring/whatever.

Anyway, best of luck with it and congrats again!

Advertisement