Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre planning clinics Meath

Options
  • 03-11-2015 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all,
    Will be engaging in Pre planning clinics soon in Meath and wondering does anyone have any experience with them?
    Just looking for what information I should bring (aside from whats needed) and also what type of questions they will ask?

Cheers!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Bring your arch
    Site plan
    Any sketches you have
    Photos of surroundings
    Aerial photo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

They are very very proactive and easy to deal with. My experience was nothing but good. If your not trying to hide anything or build a monstrosity then they will genuinely help you along the way.

If you could bring one thing only with you to this meeting then I advise it is a copy of the Meath Co Co rural design guide. Follow this to a tee and your on the happy side of the planners.

Be open minded too if they suggest any changes...

Where in Meath are you applying for?

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭FiOT

I have to agree with the above post, I had a very good experience with Meath co. co in our recent (successful - woohoo!) planning application.

All of the above is true with regards the Meath rural design guide, they do stick quite rigidly to that and I can understand why. However, there is lots of wiggle room if you know where to look for it. Some of the chapters contradict previous chapters so as long as you can show how your design relates to something in the guide then you're good. We avoided lots of pitfalls due to our fantastic engineer so make sure you work hand in hand with them, whoever you choose.

Best of luck with it - such an exciting time! If you have any questions, drop me a line. I know what it's like to be at the start of the process and not being too sure what happens next etc.

Advertisement