Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outstanding payment from last job

Options
  • 03-11-2015 1:41pm

Hey,

Just a quick question. I changed Jobs in September and was due some commission from my previous job that was due to be paid last week but I wasn't paid.

I got onto the old job and there was an issue processing the payment (human error) and no one I used to work with got paid their commission either. They keep saying their processing payment and I'll receive it the next working day. So since last Wednesday I've been told I'd have it the next day. To add insult to injury the amount is incorrect and they want me to wait until their next pay period to get the balance.

My question is: Can NERA do anything here? I'm pretty sure they haven't done anything illegal and I know it'll eventually get sorted. At this stage though I'm fed up of chasing them and imagine I'll have similar issues at the end of the month chasing the balance of commission owed.

At this point if it's not processed I'd like them to just process the correct amount (as they should have). Can NERA make them do this?

Hope that makes sense!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 295 ✭✭mattaiuseire

Send a written request in and notify them you are giving them until the end of the month to resolve your payment and correct amount otherwise you will be handing it to your solicitor.

I think NERA will enforce prosecution on employers when they're persistently not complying with legislation or if the matter is very serious.

Might be worth giving them a shout for advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Lon.C

Thread title makes it sound like a good news.

Lon.C wrote: »
    Thread title makes it sound like a good news.

It really should be but it's turned into a pain in the ass.

Advertisement