Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ennis - roadworks around St Flannans area

Options
  • 03-11-2015 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭

are they digging up the road to lay fibre? :)

i hope so !
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Are they not the water pipes in the housing estates

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭sibergoth

oh.. could be i guess. shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Most road works around the town have been to do the water pipes now that Irish water are trying to out the world to right... :/ . I'd be nice if eircom have taken the time invest in new line laying while the roads are up but I'd doubt there that smart

that's what i was thinking, hopefully they will shove the fiber pipes down at the same time... but probably not!

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭yermanoffthetv

sibergoth wrote: »
    that's what i was thinking, hopefully they will shove the fiber pipes down at the same time... but probably not!

Eh there's already fiber in that area, the cabinets by the roundabout are are good for 100mb

• Advertisement

i'm talking about 1000Mbps, FTTH... which is 'coming soon' to Ennis...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Deagol

FTTH is already in Ennis. Extremely limited roll-out though. Seems to be only estates that where build since 2000ish.

yeah i know...

i keep checking and i get this

Unfortunately eir Fibre Extreme is not currently available in your area; we are constantly working on improving our network and expanding our 1000Mb reach.

hence why i was wondering if they were digging up the roads here so i can get the FTTH !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Deagol

That's the problem. They aren't digging anything up to install fibre.

Newer housing estates have a duct underground that the current telephone line runs through, they are blowing the fibre through those ducts.

Any older housing estates that don't have those ducts are not going to be getting FTTH from Eir(com) it appears. At least not in the foreseeable future.

So, if you're in a housing estate older than perhaps 1995ish then you can forget it for at least 2-3 years would be my guess.

Advertisement