Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weimei

Options
  • 02-11-2015 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭

Anyone heard of this crowd before?

They appears to be a Spanish startup. They're exhibiting at the Web Summit tomorrow and contacted me (part of a mass message I'd imagine) asking me to come visit. Checked their website as my girlfriend needs a new dual sim and I'm looking at a few options (needs to be 5" at a max).

Thought this looked a great deal. Phone isn't really high spec but it's more than worth €189.

What's people's thoughts?

http://www.weimeimobile.com/weimei-we

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭droidman123

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Anyone heard of this crowd before?

They appears to be a Spanish startup. They're exhibiting at the Web Summit tomorrow and contacted me (part of a mass message I'd imagine) asking me to come visit. Checked their website as my girlfriend needs a new dual sim and I'm looking at a few options (needs to be 5" at a max).

Thought this looked a great deal. Phone isn't really high spec but it's more than worth €189.

What's people's thoughts?

http://www.weimeimobile.com/weimei-we

The specs are not bad for the price.the only thing that would put me off is the 2600 mah battery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

The specs are not bad for the price.the only thing that would put me off is the 2600 mah battery

Yeah it is lower than I'd hope for. I'm going to quiz them tomorrow and try the phone myself. I'll post here afterwards in case anyone else may be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Went over to look at the phone today. Really is a lovely phone. Doesn't feel like €189 phone at all. Very nice build quality, reminds me of a Lumia or Sony phone. Speed was great having used a clean install version and one that's been used daily for 2 months.

On the matter of the battery. They're confident you would get a day and a half from the phone under normal use. Their tests of streaming video resulted in 8 hours battery life, which is acceptable, although taken with a pinch of salt.

They run a nice referral scheme too. So everyone you refer will get €10 off and you get €10 credit to use on the store for accessories. The accessories are few and fair between at the minute, but a nice idea.

All in all, €189 (-€10, plus €14 shipping) is more than a great price from what I've seen of it. Will more than likely buy one this week.

Advertisement