Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your help please!

Options
  • 02-11-2015 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am trying to get a contact for a man in Belmount Co Offaly that has a cure for gout. All I know is that his surname is Walsh but I dont have a first name or phone number. If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it.

Many thanks
    D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭dewsbury

OK, This is the informed experience of a 54 year old male.

I have gout and am fairly familiar with the treatment of same.

Firstly the bad news;

1. I very very much doubt it a man in Offaly has a cure. (The nature of gout attacks is that they come and go - and therefore he may have gained a reputation by virtue of good timing). A cure would be worth hundreds of millions of €!!

More bad news,

2. Your GP may not be as knowledgeable as you might think. So, I chose to pay €130 to see a top consultant in the country re: Gout.

<mod snip> No medical advice allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Mod

Just a reminder that medical advice is not allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭motley

I know of the person you are looking for. PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Dane29

Hi Dewsbury, Liz T
    I actually got the stuff. It's for my mother. She was at the doctor before with it and again this time. It was more or less gone again this tine after going to the doctor a couple of times. Anyway, she takes a small glass of this stuff twice a day so hopefully it will work. After a couple of days she reckoned it definetly felt better. It's early days but please God. Thanks for your help it's much appreciated.

Regards
    D

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Dane29

Sorry, thanks Motely also!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭dewsbury

Please note that the nature of gout is that it will simply vanish after a few days - without treatment. It will usually come back. altho, in the early stages of the disease the attacks can be years apart.

Advertisement